Griders 2019 South Pittsburg Pirates

Roy Dillard

9 hours ago, orngnblk said:

If you guys are planning on playing 15 players like in the picture this Ryan man will tell that Childress man you are trying to cheat our boys?Talk about an uphill battle!With all your new kids that will be eligible after the first playoff game its going to be hard to compete against you all.You all had the best team by themselves coming back add 5 or 6 new kids in Nov and nobody will compete with the Pirates.2 kids over 6'4 and 200 pounds??Geez!!!

New kids that will be eligible after the first playoff game? I think that’s some bogus information. Who are the 5-6 new kids?  I believe they did get one baseball player to come back out this season. He took last year off, but was on the team in 2017. The only new additions I know about are the 2 I mentioned earlier. One RB from Marion County that had a devastating  injury and missed the entire 2018 season. Then a lineman that was somewhere else and also sit out the entire 2018 season. 6”4??? I think you must be referring to the one kid that came back out this year. I think he’s about  6”4.  When I drove by during spring it didn’t look like they had anyone else near that tall. I agree, SP probably did have the best team coming back from 2018. However, all of those key transfers Greenback U has gotten has definitely changed the dynamics of 1A and in my opinion has made them the favorites once again. Do I think SP has a chance? Sure, I do but it will be extremely tough. 

Edited by TheAmbassador

On 6/19/2019 at 12:15 AM, TheAmbassador said:

New kids that will be eligible after the first playoff game? I think that’s some bogus information. Who are the 5-6 new kids?  I believe they did get one baseball player to come back out this season. He took last year off, but was on the team in 2017. The only new additions I know about are the 2 I mentioned earlier. One RB from Marion County that had a devastating  injury and missed the entire 2018 season. Then a lineman that was somewhere else and also sit out the entire 2018 season. 6”4??? I think you must be referring to the one kid that came back out this year. I think he’s about  6”4.  When I drove by during spring it didn’t look like they had anyone else near that tall. I agree, SP probably did have the best team coming back from 2018. However, all of those key transfers Greenback U has gotten has definitely changed the dynamics of 1A and in my opinion has made them the favorites once again. Do I think SP has a chance? Sure, I do but it will be extremely tough. 

I’ve been wondering the same thing. I even asked my stepson if there was some players not eligible till playoffs! He was just as confused as me...I believe it’s just a rumor!

1 hour ago, CaptainJackRackam said:

I’ve been wondering the same thing. I even asked my stepson if there was some players not eligible till playoffs! He was just as confused as me...I believe it’s just a rumor!

I asked a few folks as well. It’s as I thought.. bogus information. The only two new kids were the ones I mentioned in my last post. Any others were already at the school and just not playing. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

I asked a few folks as well. It’s as I thought.. bogus information. The only two new kids were the ones I mentioned in my last post. Any others were already at the school and just not playing. 

Well I guess "Mr. In the know" will pass completely out come playoff time. Yall have some nice additions and we do too. Looking forward to the day after Thanksgiving. Will be a great game.

11 hours ago, GHSblackhelmet said:

Well I guess "Mr. In the know" will pass completely out come playoff time. Yall have some nice additions and we do too. Looking forward to the day after Thanksgiving. Will be a great game.

I was told from several people SP has 2 new kids this season and they will be playing the entire season. Maybe someone from SP knows something else? If you do please elaborate.