Griders 2019 South Pittsburg Pirates

Roy Dillard

7 hours ago, OLD PIRATE said:

OP openly admits confusion from all the Skillet attacks, but this is really confusing. SP gets a transfer who was hurt early and will have to sit out 1 year from the day of last participating. Jasper gets a transfer who has to miss a year. How in tarnation will that make the player better by playing some jv schedule. Quality competition is the key ingredient to improving & reaching maximum potential. Pirate faithful don’t like powderpuff games, nothing to prove, nothing to gain, unless it is required. Suppose, an underclassmen spends a year playing jv, then reality hits, and they realize they messed in their pants. Taking they haven’t played varsity, are they free to transfer again without losing another 12 months of eligibility? Dang, OP bought got a raw spot scratching. 

If a player already has an athletic record and they transfer to another school and they participate in more than 3 days of practice they lose their eligibility for another year if they transfer again.

4 hours ago, Southtowner said:

We still need 1 more game I'm told.

Out of Region games are : Jasper, Sequatchie, Meigs, Grundy, Huntland. 

Can or will anyone else confirm this? 

Where's the Boyd Buchanan game?

We need another big time game on here to round this off.  Don't yall think so?

Ironically, that would mark the first time in history that SP has played Huntland in football which is odd given they are relatively close especially compared to Pikeville.

29 minutes ago, Indian said:

A couple of times they’ve been close to being in the same region. 

We used to play them some in basketball back in the Brooks era.  They were actually pretty good in bb back then.  They were one of the few class A teams that could run and gun with Brooks' Bunch. The others were Sale Creek under Burton, Charleston and Bridgeport Ken Storey)  and Stevenson.

13 hours ago, Roy Dillard said:

Old pirate let me ask you another question.  That man at Ronnies red eye told me tonight that they is another boy that is located around the jailhouse that is a waiting on my goat to come back.  Recon I should send him up there again? Im afraid them jailhouse fellars might try to catch him if they see him coming.  You think im joking but im not. 

Roy, if you won't me too hide your goat from them durn jailhouse folks for a while, I sure could use him. We went and got us a new coach man that is from Trousdale to train our boys. He no's about side body blocks and nocking holes for runners to go threw, but we need to get us some boys big enough to play in the SEC for him to train if we can find us some. We have got plenty of chickens to chase and some new weights to lift, but we ain't got nothing like your durn goat. We are way over here in West Tn., so that muskox man and ONB want be able to get your goat from us neither, and I ain't joking.