This Ryan mans Greenback team in 2019

Roy Dillard

On 12/1/2018 at 9:44 AM, nakedbootlegger said:

See there orange&black blackhelment owns it he admits to recruiting my type of guy rest of you need to get on board untelling how many you could get over there. Probably dress 120. 

Not against any rule to recruit, just can't receive inappropriate benefits. Promoting a school or program is a responsible thing to do to better the future of the school. It's just not very affective if the product someone promotes isn't very desirable. Thats what a lot of schools run in to. What a lot a selling nobody's buying. GB has a desirable product right now so it's an easy sell. It's like selling Sam's cola, a lot will buy it but most would rather have a coke, unless of course you prefer Pepsi . . . I don't judge lol. 

5 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Their talking about the average Joe.Nothing wrong with us talking to or answering questions about our school or program.

True but there is a thin line that is crossed many times. A good school with a great staff and well coached program can recruit itself without parents or fans beating the bushes trying to scurry up players. If a parent or child asks then you should be able to say our academics and sports programs speaks for itself. Great community, great staff, great parents and wonderful facilities. We would love for you to join us so go speak with our administrators and then you and your child decide what’s best for you. 

9 minutes ago, sum1uno said:

True but there is a thin line that is crossed many times. A good school with a great staff and well coached program can recruit itself without parents or fans beating the bushes trying to scurry up players. If a parent or child asks then you should be able to say our academics and sports programs speaks for itself. Great community, great staff, great parents and wonderful facilities. We would love for you to join us so go speak with our administrators and then you and your child decide what’s best for you. 

Exactly what we are saying,i just cant work my thumb that fast.Winning sells itself,good communities sell themselves,Good coaching sells itself.Nothing at all wrong with being proud of what you have and sharing it if someone asks about it.Some folks think if a kid or two transfers its because someone recruited them.All these things above sell themselves and makes it appealing.

43 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Exactly what we are saying,i just cant work my thumb that fast.Winning sells itself,good communities sell themselves,Good coaching sells itself.Nothing at all wrong with being proud of what you have and sharing it if someone asks about it.Some folks think if a kid or two transfers its because someone recruited them.All these things above sell themselves and makes it appealing.

When cland was really good people just started showing up.  Coaches that i never heard of and players wanting to come.  Winning attracts attention lol

Section 17. Athletic recruiting is prohibited. Athletic recruiting is the use of influence on a student or the parents or guardians of a student, by any person(s) directly or indirectly associated with the school, to secure or retain a student for athletic purposes. In the event that there is a violation of this rule, there shall be a penalty against the school, and the student(s) who was the subject of the violation shall be ineligible for a minimum of one year.

^ Who would be considered indirectly associated with the school. Me? You?  I believe so.  The key words here are 'to secure or retain a student for athletic purposes.'