This Ryan mans Greenback team in 2019

Roy Dillard

On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 7:30 PM, rtl112 said:

Our guys are working hard in the weight room too.  We didn't have the luxury of a field house and weight room like the kids have now but the kids seem to be benefiting from it.  The off season work is a difference maker,  but cardio is a concern to me. A lot of kids want to pump the iron but not get out and run.

I wouldn't worry about cardio right now.  You can run every day in July and be in good shape when practice starts.  Building strength and mass is what takes time.  The cardio comes pretty fast at that age

19 hours ago, rtl112 said:

I just don't see the kids running around the community like they use to back in the day.  I use to see kids out running cross country style in the off-season.

I'll give you an example of the kind of cardio football players need to do.  Last summer, i ran for 1 hour at 7mph. (Treadmill) One day i decided to crank it up to 10. I made it 10 minutes.  The next day, i noticed my hip flexors and calves were sore.  If young men would do this every other day, they would be in incredible shape. Real intensity inside of 20 minutes.  Plus, their muscles would be conditioned to prevent injures 

2 hours ago, GHSblackhelmet said:

Derrell is a big fella. I cant wait to see How big Bubba the 8th grader that started for us in the playoffs gets. He is very athletic for his size already.

He will be a Mr.Football nominee by his jr year.The way he played the last 3 games for an eighth grader i havent seen.Stewart from Coalfield was a good eighth grade lineman but bubba is very agressive along with being huge and plays like a Jr,Stewart was very docile.He will be the best our region has ever seen as a OL/DL.Silvey was a freakin monster on D but wasnt great on O this kid is both.IMO.

• Like 1

On 2/14/2019 at 2:07 PM, orngnblk said:

He will be a Mr.Football nominee by his jr year.The way he played the last 3 games for an eighth grader i havent seen.Stewart from Coalfield was a good eighth grade lineman but bubba is very agressive along with being huge and plays like a Jr,Stewart was very docile.He will be the best our region has ever seen as a OL/DL.Silvey was a freakin monster on D but wasnt great on O this kid is both.IMO.

Agree 100%... Derrell just got 2 more offers this week from UAB and Tulane. If DB can just get some of Bubbas aggressiveness on both sides of the ball, every single snap, then these 2 boys will be monsters this season. And i'll just go ahead and say college, also!  

DBs already recieved 3 offers going into his Sr yr... could Bubba have them rolling in going into his Jr year?  I think its possible! 

And does Bubba not have like a 7th grade brother also? 

Edited by glenfromgreenback

55 minutes ago, glenfromgreenback said:

Agree 100%... Derrell just got a 2nd offer this week from UAB. If DB can just get some of Bubbas aggressiveness on both sides of the ball, every single snap, then these 2 boys will be monsters this season. And i'll just go ahead and say college, also!  

DBs already recieved 2 offers going into his Sr yr... could Bubba have them rolling in going into his Jr year?  I think its possible! 

And does Bubba not have like a 7th grade brother also? 

You boys just reload. It’s amazing the recent run you’re on. One day we will get back to the pinnacle.