This Ryan mans Greenback team in 2019

Roy Dillard

14 minutes ago, 32hammer said:

Hmm. So you're saying that a 4A or 3A school couldn't beat the defending 6A state champs?   Might want to rethink that logic, objective evidence says differently.  

Greeneville 

Alcoa

Never said that, Absolutely they could.  However, those classification are still very weak as a whole! 

2 hours ago, Pinocchio007 said:

Greeneville 

Alcoa

Never said that, Absolutely they could.  However, those classification are still very weak as a whole! 

I disagree. They're competitive within the enrollment they have. If you take a bunch of 6A schools and randomly remove about 70% of their male students and had them field a team, most of those former 6A teams would not consistently make it past the semis and would almost never win a title in 3A.  Great football is great football. Having a level playing field based on enrollment is fair and objective. 

That being said, several 3A teams would have beaten most 6A teams last yr anyway. Alcoa, Pearl Cohn, Covington, Upperman and even AE would have beaten several local 6A teams by multiple TDs

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, 32hammer said:

I disagree. They're competitive within the enrollment they have. If you take a bunch of 6A schools and randomly remove about 70% of their male students and had them field a team, most of those former 6A teams would not consistently make it past the semis and would almost never win a title in 3A.  Great football is great football. Having a level playing field based on enrollment is fair and objective. 

That being said, several 3A teams would have beaten most 6A teams last yr anyway. Alcoa, Pearl Cohn, Covington, Upperman and even AE would have beaten several local 6A teams by multiple TDs

Any team can beat a team any given night. That is correct. I’m just stating that those teams you mentioned would have a tough time completing in the 6A or in there own classification week in and week out, due to depth alone. Which that does not make them elite like Alcoa and Greeneville. AE, Covington, Upperman Those schools have classes that go up and down. Greenville and Alcoa stay consistent every year. 

This goes for any classifaction. Hints why I keep arguing about to many classes! Due to the lack of great games every week. 

On the flip side lots of coaches in the state are scared to play top notch schools, because the “FEAR” factor would be eliminated and they could lose there MoJo. 

18 minutes ago, Pinocchio007 said:

Any team can beat a team any given night. That is correct. I’m just stating that those teams you mentioned would have a tough time completing in the 6A or in there own classification week in and week out, due to depth alone. Which that does not make them elite like Alcoa and Greeneville. AE, Covington, Upperman Those schools have classes that go up and down. Greenville and Alcoa stay consistent every year. 

This goes for any classifaction. Hints why I keep arguing about to many classes! Due to the lack of great games every week. 

On the flip side lots of coaches in the state are scared to play top notch schools, because the “FEAR” factor would be eliminated and they could lose there MoJo. 

You make some good points and I agree there are too many classes.

But getting back to one of the former points involving GB, WB and Heritage are both unwilling to schedule GB because they both know they would likely lose. I think its very disappointing when the adults at two 6A schools are scared to compete with two smaller schools within a few miles. Those same adults are scared to compete, but they accuse their teenage players of not competing at practice or in games. The kids know whats up.

Shame these local kids will never get to play each other in HS because of adults in charge acting like spoiled little girls.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Since WB and Heritage are getting tossed around...

Program's overall records: (To the best of my knowledge for WB & Heritage)

Greenback (1957-NOW)...62 seasons...383-298-9

WB (1979-NOW)...40 seasons...146-270......Greenback in that same time...305-166

Heritage (1977-NOW)...42 seasons...139-290......Greenback in that same time...311-178

In the last 17 seasons Greenback has more or equal too both individual overall win totals...146-62.  Or use a shorter time frame say the last 10 seasons...Greenback 97-29...WB 26-77...Heritage 23-79.

Edited by cherokean
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

17 hours ago, 32hammer said:

This is true. +1. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, 32hammer said:

But getting back to one of the former points involving GB, WB and Heritage are both unwilling to schedule GB because they both know they would likely lose. I think its very disappointing when the adults at two 6A schools are scared to compete with two smaller schools within a few miles. Those same adults are scared to compete, but they accuse their teenage players of not competing at practice or in games. The kids know whats up.

Shame these local kids will never get to play each other in HS because of adults in charge acting like spoiled little girls.

True again.....

• Like 1

10 hours ago, cherokean said:

Since WB and Heritage are getting tossed around...

Program's overall records: (To the best of my knowledge for WB & Heritage)

Greenback (1957-NOW)...62 seasons...383-298-9

WB (1979-NOW)...40 seasons...146-270......Greenback in that same time...305-166

Heritage (1977-NOW)...42 seasons...139-290......Greenback in that same time...311-178

In the last 17 seasons Greenback has more or equal too both individual overall win totals...146-62.  Or use a shorter time frame say the last 10 seasons...Greenback 97-29...WB 26-77...Heritage 23-79.

Research guy, love it!

Lets look at this geographically, WB and Heritage are surrounded by Alcoa/ Maryville/ Greenback........ You fill in the blank

Blount County has a population of 123,010 in 2018-19..... 

Roughly 59,500 are Male

Roughly 14,000 are under18 

Enrollment totals 

Alcoa-661 (+200 students since 16)

Heritage- 1,406 (-200 since 16)

Maryville- 1,635 (+315 since 16)

William Blount- 1,641 ( -184 since 16)

Wins come from different Catagoizes, 

1: Community Support (Heritage and WB) from Research were develop from smaller HS. “Townson/ Everrtt/ Friendsville/ Lanier” Hints this are all Communities in Blount County area.

2: School Board ( The county keeps cutting the budget for New Schools) “Maryville and Alcoa keep on approving there upgrades” 

3: Athletic Minded Administers 

4: Money (it cost money to run a successful program) 

5: Athletes in the building.

People always say there are kids walking the halls in every HS... .. However,when enrollment numbers are going down for the county schools and cities schools are going up... it’s time to check the top 2 reasons. 

This is way Heritage and WB have struggled and will unless the County makes moves.

GreenBack is growing due to the growth of the West part of the county because the mountains are the other way! Greenback is in the best situation in Loudon County due to the grow on the Westside! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Hammer usually Nails it!LOL

11 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

True again.....

11 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

This is true. +1. 

On 3/1/2019 at 5:45 PM, Shadroach said:

Strong Post. 32Hammer on point.

Appreciate the positive feedback my friends!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 3/1/2019 at 2:41 PM, 32hammer said:

I have been told from credible sources at WB that they tried to schedule Greenback this year and their calls went unanswered. No offense to Greenback, but I don't think WB is scared to play them. Worst case scenario is WB would win 7 of the games if we played them 10 times. Try to change my mind. Lol 

Edited by FightOnForWilliamBlount91

1 hour ago, FightOnForWilliamBlount91 said:

I have been told from credible sources at WB that they tried to schedule Greenback this year and their calls went unanswered. No offense to Greenback, but I don't think WB is scared to play them. Worst case scenario is WB would win 7 of the games if we played them 10 times. Try to change my mind. Lol 

I like your confidence,but we are not Stone Memorial!Change MY mind LOL!

In all honesty 91 you all should beat us 100% of the time.You have 1600 students we have 230 it shouldn't even be a ball game. For you to even say that we could possibly win three of those 10 games it's kind of embarrassing.Just my opinion tho.

But i think it would be more like 5/5.

Edited by orngnblk
  • Like 2