This Ryan mans Greenback team in 2019

Roy Dillard

9 hours ago, cherokee23 said:

First time back to the boards and wow! I wonder if the two players transferring from WB to GB thought they would beat us 7/10 times.... I doubt it!

I doubt a hypothetical matchup had anything to do with it. It is easier to win there. You guys dont have to play Maryville, Bradley Central, and Ooltewah every year and still have people judging your schedule because you decided to play Morristown West, Sevier County, and Anderson County instead of Alcoa.

31 minutes ago, FightOnForWilliamBlount91 said:

I doubt a hypothetical matchup had anything to do with it. It is easier to win there. You guys dont have to play Maryville, Bradley Central, and Ooltewah every year and still have people judging your schedule because you decided to play Morristown West, Sevier County, and Anderson County instead of Alcoa.

Why is it easier to win here?We ave 35 to 38 kids,WB has what 70-80??We are 1A for a reason we have a total of 230 kids in school.We always schedule up,but we also have to becareful to not get too beat up playing bigger schools cause all our kids play every snap.ITS APPLES TO ORANGES.

34 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Why is it easier to win here?We ave 35 to 38 kids,WB has what 70-80??We are 1A for a reason we have a total of 230 kids in school.We always schedule up,but we also have to becareful to not get too beat up playing bigger schools cause all our kids play every snap.ITS APPLES TO ORANGES.

I mean you have a better program right now and it is easier to play teams like Harriman and Oneida than it is to play Bradley Central and Ooltewah.

1 hour ago, orngnblk said:

Ok,gotcha!

I remember before the 2017 season there were rumors that our rb was transferring to GB. That ended up not being true. He was a decent back considering the line is always subpar. I bet he would've rushed for well over 1,000 yards at GB. A 6'0 230-pound rb would reak havoc in 1A.

Edited by FightOnForWilliamBlount91

8 hours ago, FightOnForWilliamBlount91 said:

I remember before the 2017 season there were rumors that our rb was transferring to GB. That ended up not being true. He was a decent back considering the line is always subpar. I bet he would've rushed for well over 1,000 yards at GB. A 6'0 230-pound rb would reak havoc in 1A.

Yes he would have been a huge help last year.Parents having to physically move deters a few but im glad our admin makes them do it the right way so it doesnt bite us.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, FightOnForWilliamBlount91 said:

I mean you have a better program right now and it is easier to play teams like Harriman and Oneida than it is to play Bradley Central and Ooltewah.

It's also easier to find 11 to compete with bradley central and Ooltewah when you have 1600 to choose from instead of 250-350. I'm willing to bet WB and schools of that size have larger graduating classes than total enrollment at schools like GB, Oneida or Harriman. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, crow said:

It's also easier to find 11 to compete with bradley central and Ooltewah when you have 1600 to choose from instead of 250-350. I'm willing to bet WB and schools of that size have larger graduating classes than total enrollment at schools like GB, Oneida or Harriman. 

Never thought about it like that!Good one Indian man.

• Like 1