This Ryan mans Greenback team in 2019

Roy Dillard

1 minute ago, orngnblk said:

Somebody has to throw it,catch it and run it to win,so we have to get it all together.We may see 0-2 then start getting it together but i do expect (if we stay healthy) to be dang good by playoffs!

True, but you know first hand how far a good line will take you and it sounds like the Qb and receiver(s) are going to be just fine.   

24 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

He is more dangerous in the open field,and the new QB has a deeper arm than we have had the past 2 years.

He is working very hard to get to the level that he wants to be at this coming year. 

He has 2 offers up to this point Tulane and Austin Peay. There is several coaches supposed to come and watch him practice in the next month or so. 

3 minutes ago, Gbnation said:

He is working very hard to get to the level that he wants to be at this coming year. 

He has 2 offers up to this point Tulane and Austin Peay. There is several coaches supposed to come and watch him practice in the next month or so. 

Great,good luck!

1 hour ago, orngnblk said:

Somebody has to throw it,catch it and run it to win,so we have to get it all together.We may see 0-2 then start getting it together but i do expect (if we stay healthy) to be dang good by playoffs!

I’m going to ask this question. I remember two years ago everyone saying this was the year Greenback would really hit a big dip. They were losing arguably the best class in the history of the school. However, apparently you boys might have your best team to date this season? That’s truly remarkable after what you have lost the past 3 seasons. 

3 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

I’m going to ask this question. I remember two years ago everyone saying this was the year Greenback would really hit a big dip. They were losing arguably the best class in the history of the school. However, apparently you boys might have your best team to date this season? That’s truly remarkable after what you have lost the past 3 seasons. 

You never heard me say that Bass....I heard the same thing said back after the 2014 season and you saw what happened in 2015 & 2016. Some probably thought we might take a little dip after 2016 but anybody that knew the athletes and how competitive they were and how many rising Juniors their were should have known that they were more than capable of doing just what they did. A lot of kids with no real playing time stepped up and developed into clutch players and with a handful returning with some playing time they combined to gel into a pretty fined tuned machine much quicker than many thought possible. So after seeing it happen on 2 different occassions over the past 4 or 5 years plus knowing the core of quality players that would be returning in 2019 I, probably wishfully thinking, thought we might just be okay with a few holes filled after the 2019 graduating class. Greenback has proven successful at filling holes over the last few years. Current state of mind is the potential is there for a run but until they play who really knows. Taking nothing away from a great Senior class but when you also have 7 to 8 underclassmen 8th-11th grade starting and/or playing valuable minutes on both sides of the ball that is always a good place to build on for the following year. There is a winning culture here and that has been the case for many years now plus we still have Coach Ryan!

Edited by ladykee

8 hours ago, rtl112 said:

You guys lost your whole front didn't you?  If so then Greenback will be a good test for you all in the trenches for they are always tough up front.

Yeah we did pretty much. Most of the players on the line will be the players who gave first team breathers from last season, however I'm not sold on being worse yet as I believe we will just be able to reload with underclassmen who are gonna be a year stronger and faster this season and hopefully alot of stamina

6 hours ago, ladykee said:

You never heard me say that Bass....I heard the same thing said back after the 2014 season and you saw what happened in 2015 & 2016. Some probably thought we might take a little dip after 2016 but anybody that knew the athletes and how competitive they were and how many rising Juniors their were should have known that they were more than capable of doing just what they did. A lot of kids with no real playing time stepped up and developed into clutch players and with a handful returning with some playing time they combined to gel into a pretty fined tuned machine much quicker than many thought possible. So after seeing it happen on 2 different occassions over the past 4 or 5 years plus knowing the core of quality players that would be returning in 2019 I, probably wishfully thinking, thought we might just be okay with a few holes filled after the 2019 graduating class. Greenback has proven successful at filling holes over the last few years. Current state of mind is the potential is there for a run but until they play who really knows. Taking nothing away from a great Senior class but when you also have 7 to 8 underclassmen 8th-11th grade starting and/or playing valuable minutes on both sides of the ball that is always a good place to build on for the following year. There is a winning culture here and that has been the case for many years now plus we still have Coach Ryan!

The run Greenback University is on reminds me of the one SP went on from 2007-2013 where we had a lot of great players. Now I’m saying that.. I’ve seen 2007 to 2008, then 2011 to 2012 take big dips because of LARGE senior classes from the 2007 and 2011 team. We still had some talent the years to follow, but we definitely hit a dip. Correct me if I’m wrong, but if you go to a Rivals camp like this new QB did then you are likely a major prospect? Is that accurate? And BTW, I still say the best player on your team is #23. And yes, you would have repeated as State Champions last season if he would have been healthy. He’s just that good.