This Ryan mans Greenback team in 2019

Roy Dillard

26 minutes ago, GBKEES said:

He is definitely hitting the weights and is as strong as he has ever been.  He can also tell you what the other boys are lifting also as it seems like they are always competing with one another to get stronger.  He has lost almost almost 20 pounds (per coach Ryan) since this time last year and has gotten more flexible.  You're right about these guys working hard in the off season, these players meet in the morning before school and stay after organized workouts to run and/or to work on individual needs.  

I know Meigs Co and S. Pitt (if we make it there)will be favored in those games but it did catch me a little off guard when he said they weren't concerned with GB.  Looking forward to a more exciting regular season this year and if we stay healthy anything is possible!

Doubt any Meigs fan with sense is not considering you guys a hard opponent. I do however find it a real shot to my heart strings that your 8th graders are gonna destroy our starters. I was really looking forward to a competitive game until I heard how ferocious your underclassmen were. He told me while I fought back the tears that our only chance at an undefeated regular season is to invent a time machine and go back and enjoy last years glory as the inevitable thumping that comes on August 30th will be unavoidable. I was also sad that he said our lineman will have to play from their backs after every snap. It was an eye opening conversation to say the least. I thanked him for his insight and gave him the money to buy me a lottery ticket.

5 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Doubt any Meigs fan with sense is not considering you guys a hard opponent. I do however find it a real shot to my heart strings that your 8th graders are gonna destroy our starters. I was really looking forward to a competitive game until I heard how ferocious your underclassmen were. He told me while I fought back the tears that our only chance at an undefeated regular season is to invent a time machine and go back and enjoy last years glory as the inevitable thumping that comes on August 30th will be unavoidable. I was also sad that he said our lineman will have to play from their backs after every snap. It was an eye opening conversation to say the least. I thanked him for his insight and gave him the money to buy me a lottery ticket.

I appreciate the humor, you have quiet the imagination:D!  The guy I spoke with was a nice guy and we talked for a bit but what I said is verbatim what your guy said. I can understand his thinking for sure because when any team (much less a 1A team) loses 16 seniors, mostly starters, you should expect a drastic drop in talent.  GB will be different for sure and as has been said on here they will have a lot to work out in these first games but I do expect them to be competitive.  

37 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

We may have one Eighth grader that will play,he was on the "middle school" team (quotations because we dont have one and im not sure what they do call it now :rolleyes:)if it is the one i heard about he is a very big and athletic lineman for his age.NOW we have a ninth grader that WILL give any lineman he faces a run for their money he is a pure football player and you will enjoy watching him play also.Any fan of ours talking of that nature hasnt been around long and may be a daddy to one of those younguns.We will struggle for the first few games as i said earlier but by the playoffs should be hard to handle.I honestly wouldnt be surprised to see 2 maybe even 3 losses in the first six games,thats a brutal stretch.Loudon,Meigs,Oneida,Lenoir City thats tough for anyone!

30 minutes ago, GBKEES said:

I appreciate the humor, you have quiet the imagination:D!  The guy I spoke with was a nice guy and we talked for a bit but what I said is verbatim what your guy said. I can understand his thinking for sure because when any team (much less a 1A team) loses 16 seniors, mostly starters, you should expect a drastic drop in talent.  GB will be different for sure and as has been said on here they will have a lot to work out in these first games but I do expect them to be competitive.  

As far as skill players we will not be short of those in any position I believe. We have a trio of backs who shared carries last year who are all returning.  (starting back played only 4 games and missed all of the playoffs) we return 4 year starter at qb who is an established leader with the need, want, and desire to win. Our line play will be the question this coming season as we have graduated most of the line on both sides of the ball. We do however have many underclassmen who will be upperclassmen that has experience at those positions. In reality we may be looking to reload at those positions whether we will be better or worse in those areas I haven't seen them line up to know as of yet. I do know that they will be a hungry football team that wont lay down on you even given a less then desirable start. Come ready to play, as I know we will be ready. Our boys normally play better in hyped games such as the one coming against you all. It will be a fun night and a shame O&B will have to miss it.

10 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

We may have one Eighth grader that will play,he was on the "middle school" team (quotations because we dont have one and im not sure what they do call it now :rolleyes:)if it is the one i heard about he is a very big and athletic lineman for his age.NOW we have a ninth grader that WILL give any lineman he faces a run for their money he is a pure football player and you will enjoy watching him play also.Any fan of ours talking of that nature hasnt been around long and may be a daddy to one of those younguns.We will struggle for the first few games as i said earlier but by the playoffs should be hard to handle.I honestly wouldnt be surprised to see 2 maybe even 3 losses in the first six games,thats a brutal stretch.Loudon,Meigs,Oneida,Lenoir City thats tough for anyone!

We will also learn alot from playing you when we do. Our first game is Sweetwater and they have normally given us a good game they are coming off a rough season and about to start under a new coach so they just may be down again this season in 19. I still believe we will both know where we stand at the end of our game. If either team runs away with it I'd imagine the losing team may be in for a season they are not gonna want to accept. But I believe it will be close either way.

On 5/8/2019 at 3:53 PM, GBKEES said:

The word must be out about GB being short and slow.  Spoke with a guy from Meigs Co at a camp this past weekend and asked him how his team was looking for 2019.  He told me regular season should be a sweep like last year and that the only game of concern was S. Pitt.  I had a Greenback shirt on that he noticed afterward and said "No disrespect but we're not really concerned about Greenback".  I said "That's good" and wished him good luck in their season.  

That Meigs guy must be right.Drove by practice and we are short and slow!What in the world is that Ryan man doing!:popcorneater:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, orngnblk said:

You will NEVER lose 2-3 games with this team.