This Ryan mans Greenback team in 2019

Roy Dillard

1 hour ago, pujo said:

GB needs to add a B team so GB kids will have a chance to play. From my count a majority of starters will be transfers. Not all came this year but transfers just the same. Only accomplishment I see is the ability to attract kids .  Like ole Biggums ,I'm just keeping it real.

Now, some of their kids are home grown. That senior class last season was Greenback kids. However, the success that class had obviously changed the culture. 

2 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Or a kid that transferred out could have been the reason they didnt repeat as well in all honesty. Need to be fair about it. not giving Gilbert his value to to team and their % of repeating had to be significantly reduced without him.

With Gilbert and Willis that team last season would have come close to mercy ruling Whitwell in the semifinals. I know how good that kid was. They were still good enough to win it all even with Gilbert leaving. 

2 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

Yes, that’s definitely it. Meigs gets them as well. We know everyone gets some, but....

I'll be honest with you man and I like you don't agree with people transferring just to play football. But if their process is legal and abiding by the rules there is little that can be done. Truth is if kids parents let their kids quit whenever they don't get their way they will only make it harder on them their adult life. So I agree with you fully, I just don't agree with how everyone keeps on about it. 

7 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

I'll be honest with you man and I like you don't agree with people transferring just to play football. But if their process is legal and abiding by the rules there is little that can be done. Truth is if kids parents let their kids quit whenever they don't get their way they will only make it harder on them their adult life. So I agree with you fully, I just don't agree with how everyone keeps on about it. 

Sure, I mention it a lot but I didn’t start the threads. I didn’t accuse them of doing it illegally either. I just said I know what’s going on and even stated they know how to do it. They are ahead of the rest of 1A right now on every single front. I’m envious of them because they get kids to fill the holes they lost from a great senior class. Obviously, they know what they are doing. 

Just now, TheAmbassador said:

Sure, I mention it a lot but I didn’t start the threads. I didn’t accuse them of doing it illegally either. I just said I know what’s going on and even stated they know how to do it. They are ahead of the rest of 1A right now on every single front. I’m envious of them because they get kids to fill the holes they lost from a great senior class. Obviously, they know what they are doing. 

I tell you still that I think you have every chance of beating them that you did. Will just be a be a better ball game now.

6 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

I tell you still that I think you have every chance of beating them that you did. Will just be a be a better ball game now.

I think without a doubt it will be a very tough game. Like I said several times. At the end of 2018 I thought SP was clearly the best in the east for 2019.  Now... that’s not quite the case anymore. I’d say it will be 7 points either way. 

19 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

I think without a doubt it will be a very tough game. Like I said several times. At the end of 2018 I thought SP was clearly the best in the east for 2019.  Now... that’s not quite the case anymore. I’d say it will be 7 points either way. 

Hope my team is still playing, if not I'll come and see it. Where will that game be played this year? Will be an impact on who gets to home. Meigs and region 2 will host as long as we win. What region you and greenback in?

22 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Hope my team is still playing, if not I'll come and see it. Where will that game be played this year? Will be an impact on who gets to home. Meigs and region 2 will host as long as we win. What region you and greenback in?

Region 2 just like you all,you used to be in our District when my son played in 14.We will be home if we make it.

Edited by orngnblk

20 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

It will be played at GB. 

GB is in region 2 and SP is in region 3

25 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

It will be at Greenback. We blew our chance to play at home last season. Nothing will come easy for this team. 

Edited by TheAmbassador

8 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

Heard a rumor that Drew Hicks is back at Sweetwater for his senior season, any of you folks confirm this? I know you scrimmage them soon.

This is some footage of him when he played us as a sophomore.

I hope this guy is at the scrimmage, it'll be a good test for our defense.  Get us warmed up for tackling #25 in the opener.