This Ryan mans Greenback team in 2019

Roy Dillard

41 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

I was looking back to when Roy created this website. You boys were trying to tell us to read the tea leaves and some didn’t do it. It looks as though these wheels were in motion before last season even wrapped up. Those parts got filled alright.. with all state caliber players.  From my comment in November quoted here I never doubted what would happen. Where is my pat on the back? We need lessons on how to do this. We’re still a step behind, but hopefully Roy’s goat will turn up something. 

Old Pirate keeps talking about us needing a stud RB and you never know.You all are our best "recruiting" tools and dont even know it.Alot of folks read this website and gets THEIR wheels a turning.LOL!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

You’ve got studs that can play a lot of positions. I think we will be able to score a touchdown on you though. 

You all have a good looking bunch of kids,i think you all will be VERY good.You all finally have a passing QB thats graduated from the Manning passing Academy.If you can throw it along with your strong run game you will be hard to beat.

16 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

You all have a good looking bunch of kids,i think you all will be VERY good.You all finally have a passing QB thats graduated from the Manning passing Academy.If you can throw it along with your strong run game you will be hard to beat.

Oh I’m not discrediting SP. This should be the best SP team since Coach Grider came back. SP should be really good. However, I’m also a realist. The type of athletes Greenback has right now.. you just don’t see those type often at the 1A level. I can likely count on two hands how many D1 players I remember SP going against in 1A through the years.  Willis, Bailey, (this year), Jeffries (In 4 years) will all sign D1. Then Carnes, Rutgerson, Fields, Stinett, Miller, Alexander are just some of the other players that could easily sign with someone smaller. That my friend is a SCARY football team.

Edited by TheAmbassador

43 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

Oh I’m not discrediting SP. This should be the best SP team since Coach Grider came back. SP should be really good. However, I’m also a realist. The type of athletes Greenback has right now.. you just don’t see those type often at the 1A level. I can likely count on two hands how many D1 players I remember SP going against in 1A through the years.  Willis, Bailey, (this year), Jeffries (In 4 years) will all sign D1. Then Carnes, Rutgerson, Fields, Stinett, Miller, Alexander are just some of the other players that could easily sign with someone smaller. That my friend is a SCARY football team.

Yoh sure you ain't transferred to GB too?

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

Bass just a question. I know Greenback got the qb for Maryville. He was apparently a part time starter for Maryville last year. I'm sure he is a good player. They added a wr that is talented and a few linemen from William Blount. My question for you is how do we know how good these kids really are? Could it be that they will be very good players at the 1A level but maybe they were not good enough to play at their previous schools. Even if they were the only player that played for a successful program is the kid from Maryville. William Blount and this is no disrespect to them would have a hard time beating the really good teams in 1 and 2A. My point being yes Greenback got these transfers but that doesn't make them a unbeatable team. I willing to go out on the limb and say that they will be challenged in the regular season some. You keep saying the transfers are d1 kids. Which ones because I can't find it anywhere. The Maryville player is listed preseason all state but that doesn't mean he is the best qb in 1a. He got that honor from coming from Maryville. He may turn out to be all state but that remains to be seen. Greenback will be really good but it doesn't mean they will be any better than they have been in the last few years. I dare say that they take a step back after losing the greatest class in their school history. The team they have now may win the whole thing but imo it will not be because they are that much better than everyone else. I think ya'll are sandbagging on So. Pittsburg.

3 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

I was looking back to when Roy created this website. You boys were trying to tell us to read the tea leaves and some didn’t do it. It looks as though these wheels were in motion before last season even wrapped up. Those parts got filled alright.. with all state caliber players.  From my comment in November quoted here I never doubted what would happen. Where is my pat on the back? We need lessons on how to do this. We’re still a step behind, but hopefully Roy’s goat will turn up something. 

pat-drawing-back.png

^  I built it especially for you.  It's in the mail. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Bass just a question. I know Greenback got the qb for Maryville. He was apparently a part time starter for Maryville last year. I'm sure he is a good player. They added a wr that is talented and a few linemen from William Blount. My question for you is how do we know how good these kids really are? Could it be that they will be very good players at the 1A level but maybe they were not good enough to play at their previous schools. Even if they were the only player that played for a successful program is the kid from Maryville. William Blount and this is no disrespect to them would have a hard time beating the really good teams in 1 and 2A. My point being yes Greenback got these transfers but that doesn't make them a unbeatable team. I willing to go out on the limb and say that they will be challenged in the regular season some. You keep saying the transfers are d1 kids. Which ones because I can't find it anywhere. The Maryville player is listed preseason all state but that doesn't mean he is the best qb in 1a. He got that honor from coming from Maryville. He may turn out to be all state but that remains to be seen. Greenback will be really good but it doesn't mean they will be any better than they have been in the last few years. I dare say that they take a step back after losing the greatest class in their school history. The team they have now may win the whole thing but imo it will not be because they are that much better than everyone else. I think ya'll are sandbagging on So. Pittsburg.

Bailey and Willis are the DI players.  They have others that will most likely receive DI offers as well.