This Ryan mans Greenback team in 2019

Roy Dillard

To add to my point Bass there was no team in 1A last year that put more talent on the field than Freedom Prep. Nobody in 1a had that kind of talent. They didn't win it and got beat convincingly both times they played LC. Talent alone doesn't mean squat. You got to have a whole lot more than talent and some luck along the way.

1 hour ago, Imthayeti said:

If you want the transfers like greenback has place your school in the middle of a school like Loudon and Maryville and maybe Sequoyah. All you need is the setup don't even have to recruit.

100 percent accurate !!!! Stud players want the small school recognition that doesnt come from higher classifications !!!! Simply because of amount of talent at the "Maryvilles" of the world

40 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Bass just a question. I know Greenback got the qb for Maryville. He was apparently a part time starter for Maryville last year. I'm sure he is a good player. They added a wr that is talented and a few linemen from William Blount. My question for you is how do we know how good these kids really are? Could it be that they will be very good players at the 1A level but maybe they were not good enough to play at their previous schools. Even if they were the only player that played for a successful program is the kid from Maryville. William Blount and this is no disrespect to them would have a hard time beating the really good teams in 1 and 2A. My point being yes Greenback got these transfers but that doesn't make them a unbeatable team. I willing to go out on the limb and say that they will be challenged in the regular season some. You keep saying the transfers are d1 kids. Which ones because I can't find it anywhere. The Maryville player is listed preseason all state but that doesn't mean he is the best qb in 1a. He got that honor from coming from Maryville. He may turn out to be all state but that remains to be seen. Greenback will be really good but it doesn't mean they will be any better than they have been in the last few years. I dare say that they take a step back after losing the greatest class in their school history. The team they have now may win the whole thing but imo it will not be because they are that much better than everyone else. I think ya'll are sandbagging on So. Pittsburg.

Yea, you would think they would take a step back. Adding these new kids is going to help tremendously though. As for SP? I’ve said I think this will be the best team since Coach Grider returned. SP will be a good football team. No sandbagging about that. I just think Greenback might have a slight advantage as of now. That doesn’t mean we have no chance. We have some very good football teams in 1A. Whitwell will also be pretty good, but they will take a step back from 2018. 

26 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

To add to my point Bass there was no team in 1A last year that put more talent on the field than Freedom Prep. Nobody in 1a had that kind of talent. They didn't win it and got beat convincingly both times they played LC. Talent alone doesn't mean squat. You got to have a whole lot more than talent and some luck along the way.

I agree about Freedom Prep. You see that type of talent all the time at metro schools. Greenback has a great mix of everything right now. They have a great staff to go along with those great players. 

47 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Greenback will be really good but it doesn't mean they will be any better than they have been in the last few years. I dare say that they take a step back after losing the greatest class in their school history. The team they have now may win the whole thing but imo it will not be because they are that much better than everyone else. I think ya'll are sandbagging on So. Pittsburg.

Figure yous ain’t been paying proper attention! “IT’S COMING” has been the chant fer two years from SP followers. The Pirates will be a very good team, their schedule has been upgraded with larger good programs. It will be a real challenge to survive the schedule unscarred. Is it possible, differently yes. The GB issue is totally a different matter. Without the orchestrated transfers them GB knowd “It was coming too” Skeerd to face the challenge alone, the orchestration to aid their lone returning stud. SP had the Kennemore WR as a senior and due to graduation he was limited. The orchestration effects Every team that did not orchestrate similar movement of players to Build A Team. This same thing happened in Chattanooga with Signal Mtn & Temple, who faced rule violations, forfeits and closing of a football program. Make No mistake by believing this  was a natural occurrence. There is evidence of rule violations left to be exposed. There are some very unhappy people in south Knoxville. 

Edited by OLD PIRATE
Correction

46 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Bass just a question. I know Greenback got the qb for Maryville. He was apparently a part time starter for Maryville last year. I'm sure he is a good player. They added a wr that is talented and a few linemen from William Blount. My question for you is how do we know how good these kids really are? Could it be that they will be very good players at the 1A level but maybe they were not good enough to play at their previous schools. Even if they were the only player that played for a successful program is the kid from Maryville. William Blount and this is no disrespect to them would have a hard time beating the really good teams in 1 and 2A. My point being yes Greenback got these transfers but that doesn't make them a unbeatable team. I willing to go out on the limb and say that they will be challenged in the regular season some. You keep saying the transfers are d1 kids. Which ones because I can't find it anywhere. The Maryville player is listed preseason all state but that doesn't mean he is the best qb in 1a. He got that honor from coming from Maryville. He may turn out to be all state but that remains to be seen. Greenback will be really good but it doesn't mean they will be any better than they have been in the last few years. I dare say that they take a step back after losing the greatest class in their school history. The team they have now may win the whole thing but imo it will not be because they are that much better than everyone else. I think ya'll are sandbagging on So. Pittsburg.

No lineman from WB i have no idea where you got that.The D1 kids are not transfers Willis has been here forever and has offers from 3 D1 schools including Tulane and will have more if he finishes healthy.Bailey is a top 30 3 star and he is also NOT a TRANSFER he came here after Middle School and more than likely will go to South Carolina.The QB from Maryville will be allstate mark it down he was the starter at Maryville in a two QB system and had the better stats to prove it.You dont start at Maryville unless you are an outstanding player.Watch the game against Oakland as a Soph you will see how good the kid is.NOW that was with a Maryville line who knows with a little 1A line how he will do with pressure on him,he is a pure pocket passer but deady accurate.The Rutgerson kid is just a Wes Welker type kid and man what a competitor!He was under utilized it a highly political system at WB.He has all State skills himself very athletic kid i heard benches 240 (dont sound like much till you see him).Jeffries is a 6'4 285 9th grader came in in middle school ALSO not a TRANSFER and has been to some big power 5 camps by invite he will be very hard to handle 1 on 1 kid has a mean streak on the field but a great attitude but will also be a high D1 if he stays healthy.What everyone is leaving out are the kids who have been here and are outstanding athletes also and all the kids will share playing time if the can play at all.The Stinnett kid will turn alot of heads this year and is a Soph i think.We have alot of questions to be answered and Bass doesn't know the answers although you hang on every word like an Orangutang looking for a nanner.Its ok to think for yourself with going along with the rebel rousers.LMBO!

3 hours ago, orngnblk said:

No lineman from WB i have no idea where you got that.The D1 kids are not transfers Willis has been here forever and has offers from 3 D1 schools including Tulane and will have more if he finishes healthy.Bailey is a top 30 3 star and he is also NOT a TRANSFER he came here after Middle School and more than likely will go to South Carolina.The QB from Maryville will be allstate mark it down he was the starter at Maryville in a two QB system and had the better stats to prove it.You dont start at Maryville unless you are an outstanding player.Watch the game against Oakland as a Soph you will see how good the kid is.NOW that was with a Maryville line who knows with a little 1A line how he will do with pressure on him,he is a pure pocket passer but deady accurate.The Rutgerson kid is just a Wes Welker type kid and man what a competitor!He was under utilized it a highly political system at WB.He has all State skills himself very athletic kid i heard benches 240 (dont sound like much till you see him).Jeffries is a 6'4 285 9th grader came in in middle school ALSO not a TRANSFER and has been to some big power 5 camps by invite he will be very hard to handle 1 on 1 kid has a mean streak on the field but a great attitude but will also be a high D1 if he stays healthy.What everyone is leaving out are the kids who have been here and are outstanding athletes also and all the kids will share playing time if the can play at all.The Stinnett kid will turn alot of heads this year and is a Soph i think.We have alot of questions to be answered and Bass doesn't know the answers although you hang on every word like an Orangutang looking for a nanner.Its ok to think for yourself with going along with the rebel rousers.LMBO!

Let me ask you a question. Who would have been your starting passer if that Rutgerson boy and that Maryville boy had not come to that Ryan mans team?  Who was in line behind that Hanley boy? I garuntee you I aint joking either. 

Edited by Roy Dillard

1 hour ago, orngnblk said:

We have alot of questions to be answered and Bass doesn't know the answers although you hang on every word like an Orangutang looking for a nanner.

Now you know I have the answers. You know I’m thinking accurately about this loaded team you boys have as well. As for the QB? Without him this Greenback team is VERY different. Without Rutgerson this team is VERY different, but as it turns out we will have to face them. The QB IS THE BEST QB in 1A. No doubt about it at all. I know it and you know it. 

3 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

He has been told this several times. However Greenback remains the front runner in his mind based on their talent even though they have yet to play a down. 

37 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

He has been told this several times. However Greenback remains the front runner in his mind based on their talent even though they have yet to play a down. 

They remain the front runner for several reasons. One of which they have been one of the best teams in the state for the last 4 seasons as well as the beast of the east. Their talent also is very impressive. Greenback has been to Cookeville 3/4 years. SP hasn’t been in 6 so they are second in the east right now in my mind. 

59 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

They remain the front runner for several reasons. One of which they have been one of the best teams in the state for the last 4 seasons as well as the beast of the east. Their talent also is very impressive. Greenback has been to Cookeville 3/4 years. SP hasn’t been in 6 so they are second in the east right now in my mind. 

You haven’t seen their talent play a down. How do you know (key word know) they are/will be impressive?  I mean I asked you there names multiple times and you knew one, the Maryville qb transfer (which everyone knew).  You don’t know squat about these Greenback kids. You may know some more names now because they have been mentioned several times in the last couple of days. But when you started saying how good this Greenback team would be you had nothing to base it on. No hands on proof.