This Ryan mans Greenback team in 2019

Roy Dillard

6 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Bass just a question. I know Greenback got the qb for Maryville. He was apparently a part time starter for Maryville last year. I'm sure he is a good player. They added a wr that is talented and a few linemen from William Blount. My question for you is how do we know how good these kids really are? Could it be that they will be very good players at the 1A level but maybe they were not good enough to play at their previous schools. Even if they were the only player that played for a successful program is the kid from Maryville. William Blount and this is no disrespect to them would have a hard time beating the really good teams in 1 and 2A. My point being yes Greenback got these transfers but that doesn't make them a unbeatable team. I willing to go out on the limb and say that they will be challenged in the regular season some. You keep saying the transfers are d1 kids. Which ones because I can't find it anywhere. The Maryville player is listed preseason all state but that doesn't mean he is the best qb in 1a. He got that honor from coming from Maryville. He may turn out to be all state but that remains to be seen. Greenback will be really good but it doesn't mean they will be any better than they have been in the last few years. I dare say that they take a step back after losing the greatest class in their school history. The team they have now may win the whole thing but imo it will not be because they are that much better than everyone else. I think ya'll are sandbagging on So. Pittsburg.

Don’t feel like responding to the whole post but I will to one point. Braden Carnes, the QB, WILL.... and I repeat... WILL be the best QB in 1A. Willis WILL be the best receiver in 1A. And Bailey WILL be the best lineman in 1A. And I post this with no bias either. Good day. 

13 minutes ago, cherokee23 said:

Don’t feel like responding to the whole post but I will to one point. Braden Carnes, the QB, WILL.... and I repeat... WILL be the best QB in 1A. Willis WILL be the best receiver in 1A. And Bailey WILL be the best lineman in 1A. And I post this with no bias either. Good day. 

But you are in the know. You are there, see the kids workout, play and see what is going on first hand. Bass is seed nothing and is talking out of the side of his neck. That is the difference. 

23 minutes ago, cherokee23 said:

Let me ask you a question since o&b is skeered to answer.  Who was your passer going to be before this Carnes boy from that Hunt mans team and that Rutgerson boy from that Shadowens man team? Who was that Hanley boys backup? Answer my question and I aint joking.

Edited by Roy Dillard

16 minutes ago, Roy Dillard said:

Let me ask you a question since o&b is skeered to answer.  Who was your passer going to be before this Carnes boy from that Hunt mans team and that Rutgerson boy from that Shadowens man team? Who was that Hanley boys backup? Answer my question and I aint joking.

Roy i dont know his name,he is the Kayne Roberts brother.

1 hour ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

You haven’t seen their talent play a down. How do you know (key word know) they are/will be impressive?  I mean I asked you there names multiple times and you knew one, the Maryville qb transfer (which everyone knew).  You don’t know squat about these Greenback kids. You may know some more names now because they have been mentioned several times in the last couple of days. But when you started saying how good this Greenback team would be you had nothing to base it on. No hands on proof. 

It’s not worth arguing about either. I stand by my original statement. This Greenback team is VERY talented. The kids that joined them are also VERY talented. Only one team in the east has any chance against them this season. I named about 10 of their players earlier today. I’ve seen them play several times the last several years so I formed my opinion on that basis. Highlights from several of their new kids can also be found online. It’s not hard to see if a kid is talented or not. At least that’s my opinion about it. 

47 minutes ago, cherokee23 said:

That’s what I’ve been saying all along. When you have the three best players at those positions you have a great chance at winning the entire thing again. 

6 hours ago, orngnblk said:

No lineman from WB i have no idea where you got that.The D1 kids are not transfers Willis has been here forever and has offers from 3 D1 schools including Tulane and will have more if he finishes healthy.Bailey is a top 30 3 star and he is also NOT a TRANSFER he came here after Middle School and more than likely will go to South Carolina.The QB from Maryville will be allstate mark it down he was the starter at Maryville in a two QB system and had the better stats to prove it.You dont start at Maryville unless you are an outstanding player.Watch the game against Oakland as a Soph you will see how good the kid is.NOW that was with a Maryville line who knows with a little 1A line how he will do with pressure on him,he is a pure pocket passer but deady accurate.The Rutgerson kid is just a Wes Welker type kid and man what a competitor!He was under utilized it a highly political system at WB.He has all State skills himself very athletic kid i heard benches 240 (dont sound like much till you see him).Jeffries is a 6'4 285 9th grader came in in middle school ALSO not a TRANSFER and has been to some big power 5 camps by invite he will be very hard to handle 1 on 1 kid has a mean streak on the field but a great attitude but will also be a high D1 if he stays healthy.What everyone is leaving out are the kids who have been here and are outstanding athletes also and all the kids will share playing time if the can play at all.The Stinnett kid will turn alot of heads this year and is a Soph i think.We have alot of questions to be answered and Bass doesn't know the answers although you hang on every word like an Orangutang looking for a nanner.Its ok to think for yourself with going along with the rebel rousers.LMBO!

Alot of money floating around that town these days after winning in Football and Baseball.

32 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

But you are in the know. You are there, see the kids workout, play and see what is going on first hand. Bass is seed nothing and is talking out of the side of his neck. That is the difference. 

I’ve seen the kids play before. I actually saw Carnes play last season in the semifinal game vs Oakland. I even went into depth about that game on coachT that night. As for Bailey and Willis? I saw Bailey play live in 2017 as a sophomore in a regular season game along with Willis. I then saw Willis almost single handily beat us as a sophomore in the semifinals in 2017. I then watched them both live vs Cornersville in Cookeville. Yes, I indeed have seen many of these young men play. 

28 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

I’ve seen the kids play before. I actually saw Carnes play last season in the semifinal game vs Oakland. I even went into depth about that game on coachT that night. As for Bailey and Willis? I saw Bailey play live in 2017 as a sophomore in a regular season game along with Willis. I then saw Willis almost single handily beat us as a sophomore in the semifinals in 2017. I then watched them both live vs Cornersville in Cookeville. Yes, I indeed have seen many of these young men play. 

What does any of that have to do with the price of eggs in China?  He is there to see how these kids are meshing together as a unit. You have seen nothing to base your prediction of how this year will go except individual play. Kinda hard to predict how a TEAM will do if you have only seen the players on individual basis. This year’s Greenback TEAM along with all the other teams to strap em up will do so very soon and what happened last year won’t mean squat. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

What does any of that have to do with the price of eggs in China?  He is there to see how these kids are meshing together as a unit. You have seen nothing to base your prediction of how this year will go except individual play. Kinda hard to predict how a TEAM will do if you have only seen the players on individual basis. This year’s Greenback TEAM along with all the other teams to strap em up will do so very soon and what happened last year won’t mean squat. 

We can agree to disagree. Good grief it’s just my opinion. It’s kind of like politics. If you’re a liberal you’re not going to convince me to change my political views. Everyone is different and at the end of the day our opinions don’t mean anything.