This Ryan mans Greenback team in 2019

Roy Dillard

16 minutes ago, PurplePower68 said:

For sure and that kid was a stud. We all benefit from time to time. We recently added a couple that will definitely help us this year as well. Like I said sometimes you get some sometimes you lose some. I also believe we lost a rb that led Boyd Buchanan to their first  state title.

I was just saying as you said, yes all three teams in this county have benefited from transfers at one point in time! It’s just not one single team...yes GB has on paper for now, seems to be benefiting the most but no one has played a single game yet. Let’s get the season started then see how things pan out. To many uncertainties during the season that can happen to change a team. Injuries being the big one! 

Definitely going to be a interesting season to say the least! Yes, I’m some what partial to #24, but without those other ten guys out there with him he wouldn’t have been able to accomplish what he did! He was a very humble young man! 

Edited by CaptainJackRackam
  • Upvote 1

Just now, CaptainJackRackam said:

I was trust saying as you said, yes all three teams in this county have benefited from transfers at one point in time! It’s just not one single team...yes GB has on paper for now, seems to be benefiting the most but no one has played a single game yet. Let’s get the season started then see how things pan out. To many uncertainties during the season that can happen to change a team. Injuries being the big one! 

Definitely going to be a interesting season to say the least! Yes, I’m some what partial to #24, but without those other ten guys out there with him he wouldn’t have been able to accomplish what he did! He was a very humble young man! 

This stuff was funny to begin with but it's kinda getting old now. It is what it is. I am no sp fan trust me but i have no doubt sp would line up tomorrow if they wanted too. Kids read these things and I just don't think  it's good for some to be proclaiming championships  before pads are even on.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, PurplePower68 said:

This stuff was funny to begin with but it's kinda getting old now. It is what it is. I am no sp fan trust me but i have no doubt sp would line up tomorrow if they wanted too. Kids read these things and I just don't think  it's good for some to be proclaiming championships  before pads are even on.

Somewhere in these pages i think I said something similar...:thumb:

Well except for the “not being a SP fan”! Still have a stepson playing...hopefully you’ll get to see him play!

Edited by CaptainJackRackam

16 minutes ago, CaptainJackRackam said:

I was just saying as you said, yes all three teams in this county have benefited from transfers at one point in time! It’s just not one single team...yes GB has on paper for now, seems to be benefiting the most but no one has played a single game yet. Let’s get the season started then see how things pan out. To many uncertainties during the season that can happen to change a team. Injuries being the big one! 

I do believe Whitwell had a few also,almost every single team on here plays with kids other than "home grown" kids that come in DURING high school and some from a different MIDDLE school.Sounds so ignorant for someone to say all these transfers when if they were moving in your community you would in NO WAY turn them away and say "nope you aint from around here".We benifit from being were we are for sure alot of nearby schools that have had a terrible run for years and parents and kids see our success for OVER 35 years.Someone made a goofy comment about running over teams who play the hand they are dealt,well look thru our history we have done that for years, just like South Pitt and a few others.Some teams just dont have the talent and coaching other forunate teams do.Its time to buckle up and see where the cards fall.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, orngnblk said:

I do believe Whitwell had a few also,almost every single team on here plays with kids other than "home grown" kids that come in DURING high school and some from a different MIDDLE school.Sounds so ignorant for someone to say all these transfers when if they were moving in your community you would in NO WAY turn them away and say "nope you aint from around here".We benifit from being were we are for sure alot of nearby schools that have had a terrible run for years and parents and kids see our success for OVER 35 years.Someone made a goofy comment about running over teams who play the hand they are dealt,well look thru our history we have done that for years, just like South Pitt and a few others.Some teams just dont have the talent and coaching other forunate teams do.Its time to buckle up and see where the cards fall.

May be ignorant and goofy but I know the smell of poopoo. Very convenient time for everyone to  JUST moving to  Greenback. The New Grace . Couldn't stand them and the way they tried to spin things,this is the same thing.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Remember back in the day when you're Old Coach Satterfield was one of the biggest voices out there in opposition of private schools. Wasn't because they were doing anything Illegal  but because they had more access to drawing talent. Strange how the perception changes when its you reaping the benefits.  

1 hour ago, pujo said:

May be ignorant and goofy but I know the smell of poopoo. Very convenient time for everyone to  JUST moving to  Greenback. The New Grace . Couldn't stand them and the way they tried to spin things,this is the same thing.

Now pujo,you are the same type parent as these that are moving to play for us.Reaping the benifit of a successful situation.Your kids both played at Cloudland in middle school if im not correct and then you helped stack the deck at Hampton a few years back rather than let him play with the kids he grew up with.Same with this one he is at Hampton also.And yes i know you have family coaching but that doesnt mean a thing.You followed a good coach and i understand that but its like the pot calling the kettle black when you say "how many have played thru middle school together,because i call them transfers too."When in all actuality a kid that comes straight out of middle school is not considered a transfer.Yes i have changed my tune about transfers,i really have no choice if im going to support my team.When i was on the Grace folks that was a completely different situation.They were playing ineligible kids and took wins from our kids who were doing it right.WE FOLLOW THE RULES!No matter what any of you say or do its going to keep happening,i said it four years ago after that thing we had called a school got demolished it changes everything!We have great facilities and coaching along with a winning tradition that is what "ATTRACTS" kids not to mention the area we are on the middle of a ton of other schools who have NEVER been successful.You cant lure a kid from Maryville who is returning what they think is one of the best teams they have ever had just because you have 1 kid who has D1 WR potential,thats plum silly.As i have said and posted before if we are breaking the rules i will be the first to wash my hands and you dont have to worry about me not standing by what i say!

Edited by orngnblk
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Now pujo,you are the same type parent as these that are moving to play for us.Reaping the benifit of a successful situation.Your kids both played at Cloudland in middle school if im not correct and then you helped stack the deck at Hampton a few years back rather than let him play with the kids he grew up with.Same with this one he is at Hampton also.And yes i know you have family coaching but that doesnt mean a thing.You followed a good coach and i understand that but its like the pot calling the kettle black when you say "how many have played thru middle school together,because i call them transfers too."When in all actuality a kid that comes straight out of middle school is not considered a transfer.Yes i have changed my tune about transfers,i really have no choice if im going to support my team.When i was on the Grace folks that was a completely different situation.They were playing ineligible kids and took wins from our kids who were doing it right.WE FOLLOW THE RULES!No matter what any of you say or do its going to keep happening,i said it four years ago after that thing we had called a school got demolished it changes everything!We have great facilities and coaching along with a winning tradition that is what "ATTRACTS" kids not to mention the area we are on the middle of a ton of other schools who have NEVER been successful.You cant lure a kid from Maryville who is returning what they think is one of the best teams they have ever had just because you have 1 kid who has D1 WR potential,thats plum silly.As i have said and posted before if we are breaking the rules i will be the first to wash my hands and you dont have to worry about me not standing by what i say!

As Ole Pirate would say he is a fence jumper?

5 minutes ago, Jim1972 said:

As Ole Pirate would say he is a fence jumper?

No I don't want to get into the name-calling stuff that some of the folks do on here. Pujo and I have had many football talks and I understand how he feels to a certain extent and from the outside looking in it looks kind of suspect I understand that,but when you know the situation it is what it is and there's nothing we can do about it.So you either change the way you feel or find another team and we all know im Orange and Black!

2 hours ago, pujo said:

For the record never said YOU were ignorant or goofy but after you being put in the same situation and moving your kids the comment was.As you said the other day "just keeping it real".

Don’t quote me on this but last I heard we are up to about 45 kids. Since the Duggan boy (8th grader) decided to play HS ball instead of setting out this year (we have no middle school team) others have followed suit along with a few more upperclassmen who played in their youth but have been playing other sports in high school. We have 13 seniors now with the additions (new are home grown athletes for those that might be interested in knowing lol). I know my son is happy to have one of his best friends finally deciding to suit up again after begging him to play for 4 years. So that one....yes he recruited him heavily! :roflol:He’s not the biggest thing but he’s an athlete and he competes. Great kid too! Started on the state championship baseball team and also plays basketball.