This Ryan mans Greenback team in 2019

Roy Dillard

3 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

Yeah we did pretty much. Most of the players on the line will be the players who gave first team breathers from last season, however I'm not sold on being worse yet as I believe we will just be able to reload with underclassmen who are gonna be a year stronger and faster this season and hopefully alot of stamina

Meigs should be loaded as well. I think the game at SP will give us a big indicator of if we have a good shot or not in 1A.

6 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

The run Greenback University is on reminds me of the one SP went on from 2007-2013 where we had a lot of great players. Now I’m saying that.. I’ve seen 2007 to 2008, then 2011 to 2012 take big dips because of LARGE senior classes from the 2007 and 2011 team. We still had some talent the years to follow, but we definitely hit a dip. Correct me if I’m wrong, but if you go to a Rivals camp like this new QB did then you are likely a major prospect? Is that accurate? And BTW, I still say the best player on your team is #23. And yes, you would have repeated as State Champions last season if he would have been healthy. He’s just that good. 

Yes,and heck yes.The new kid is a very good athlete,Didnt get a fair shot at WB at QB from what i understand.This will be the first time in HS that he is a starting QB as far as i know.As far as the rivals camp he finished in top 50 and there were a huge amount of kids,i thought i heard 5200 but im not positive.He is a very good kid and has fit in like a glove the other kids and him have hit it off well.He is even playing Baseball right now and helping them.

1 minute ago, TheAmbassador said:

Meigs should be loaded as well. I think the game at SP will give us a big indicator of if we have a good shot or not in 1A.

I want to say I think your right, but I hope your right as well. I know this is supposed to be South Pitts year, if you win you have an out standing chance to represent the East I'm sure. If we lose we will have a hard time making it to the finals probably at a guess. Nothing negative about your team in saying that. It's just a long hard road as you already well know. And every year seems to be full of could have, should have, and would have if it weren't for the "ifs" but new year new team. gonna fish for the common Lunker know As O&B and say i hope were both undefeated when we meet. I've never been to South Pitt for a football game I heard it was a nice atmosphere to play at.

1 minute ago, GHSblackhelmet said:

Meigs QB has one of the best arms that I have seen in a while he is very accurate as well.

In the 3 years about to be the 4th that I have seen him play no other QB has came close in comparison to his abilities. The old Loudon qb Drew Jackson which is the new rb I hear would be a direct comparison comparable to his running ability along with Baynes from Trousdale. Both those guys are outstanding athletes. But neither of those guys could throw with the ability or precision that the Meigs qb can. It's rare to have a qb that can do both well and with a 4.58 40 speed also rather quick.

3 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

I want to say I think your right, but I hope your right as well. I know this is supposed to be South Pitts year, if you win you have an out standing chance to represent the East I'm sure. If we lose we will have a hard time making it to the finals probably at a guess. Nothing negative about your team in saying that. It's just a long hard road as you already well know. And every year seems to be full of could have, should have, and would have if it weren't for the "ifs" but new year new team. gonna fish for the common Lunker know As O&B and say i hope were both undefeated when we meet. I've never been to South Pitt for a football game I heard it was a nice atmosphere to play at.

SP is a great place to play or watch a game.I got to be there the first time GB ever played them as an 8th grader in 85 (playoffs) and it was a very intimidating place!Other than Blacksburg SC it was the most ive ever seen.

As for our game right now you all have a big edge,we will be treading in unknown waters that early in the season.I hope we gel early but in high school that is hard to do after losing 17 Srs 

2 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

In the 3 years about to be the 4th that I have seen him play no other QB has came close in comparison to his abilities. The old Loudon qb Drew Jackson which is the new rb I hear would be a direct comparison comparable to his running ability along with Baynes from Trousdale. Both those guys are outstanding athletes. But neither of those guys could throw with the ability or precision that the Meigs qb can. It's rare to have a qb that can do both well and with a 4.58 40 speed also rather quick.

I read about him last season. His stats told the story. He is the best player in 2A. 

1 minute ago, orngnblk said:

SP is a great place to play or watch a game.I got to be there the first time GB ever played them as an 8th grader in 85 (playoffs) and it was a very intimidating place!Other than Blacksburg SC it was the most ive ever seen.

As for our game right now you all have a big edge,we will be treading in unknown waters that early in the season.I hope we gel early but in high school that is hard to do after losing 17 Srs 

You will be gelled by the semifinals and will look like a well oiled machine I’m sure. 

3 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

My old coach used to tell me 4.58 speed dont hurt you if he cant get past the line of scrimmage!LOL!

• Like 1

Just now, TheAmbassador said:

You will be gelled by the semifinals and will look like a well oiled machine I’m sure. 

Our coaches do a GREAT job ar putting kids where they need to be and getting the most out of them,so im confident we will be as good as we can be by then.

SPs new 5 or 6 kids should also be fine tuned by then.:roll:

Just now, orngnblk said:

I believe your right as you said in a previous post. With that many new starters we may have an advantage just in experience on the field, but that doesn't always go far. The great thing about being at a program like South Pitt, Greenback, and newcomer Meigs to the back to back to back great seasons is kids absolutely can't stand to lose when they are so used to winning. That alone makes for great football games and great try hards. Our qb is 35-4 at the helm of his ship. And I've seen it 4 times only that he has loss only once was it not competitive and that was his freshman year against Marion. Still finished 10-2 that year. Not so bad.