Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Violet
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Maroon
  • Orange
  • Gold
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

Sign in to follow this  
Htowndawgs

Region 1A

Recommended Posts

Still very early but after some early season non conference tune up games who is looking like contenders and or pretenders? Is Hampton and Hancock for real? I'm going to say in District 1A- Between Cloudland, UH, Ng and Hampton its  going to be a Dog fight, with Unaka possibly playing spoiler on who wins it outright.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got to see Hampton play, played very hard and have some depth it seemed but looked extremely young. Only other Region 1A teams I’ve seen are NG and Hancock. NG will take some bumps early a lot of young kids, best Hancock team I’ve seen in years, when they shoot it well they can be dangerous. What about Cosby, haven’t seen them yet? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, BasketballMechanic1 said:

Got to see Hampton play, played very hard and have some depth it seemed but looked extremely young. Only other Region 1A teams I’ve seen are NG and Hancock. NG will take some bumps early a lot of young kids, best Hancock team I’ve seen in years, when they shoot it well they can be dangerous. What about Cosby, haven’t seen them yet? 

When Cosby is healthy they can be dangerous. Not very deep this year but im gonna bet were still better than Hancock!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, old24eagle said:

When Cosby is healthy they can be dangerous. Not very deep this year but im gonna bet were still better than Hancock!

Hancock beat an 11 deep cland squad by 10 on the roan.  We've had some to quit.  I don't know if the desire is there on the hardwood 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, THE KING said:

Hancock beat an 11 deep cland squad by 10 on the roan.  We've had some to quit.  I don't know if the desire is there on the hardwood 

Desire...Dont get me started. 

We didnt play well the 1st half at SG and paid the price as SG shot very well and out hustled us too often. We young, but got time to get it together.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/27/2018 at 8:36 AM, old24eagle said:

When Cosby is healthy they can be dangerous. Not very deep this year but im gonna bet were still better than Hancock!

What's up with losing to that orange n black football school?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, THE KING said:

What's up with losing to that orange n black football school?

Have no idea I didnt go. Like i said when were healthy we can be good. Right now were still down one starter and another is still very limited. We only dress 9 or 10 to start with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, THE KING said:

What's up with losing to that orange n black football school?

Well,well,well!I may have to start my old Bball talk again!LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, old24eagle said:

Have no idea I didnt go. Like i said when were healthy we can be good. Right now were still down one starter and another is still very limited. We only dress 9 or 10 to start with.

GB is without Willis a 20 point a game player and really good defender also.Future looks good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, orngnblk said:

GB is without Willis a 20 point a game player and really good defender also.Future looks good.

My grandson plays jv for Hancock, I get to make my way from Kingsport all the way to Greenback Friday night, hope to see some good ball games, heard Greenback has some big ole boys! 

Edited by BasketballMechanic1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, orngnblk said:

GB is without Willis a 20 point a game player and really good defender also.Future looks good.

I think district 2 has finally turned the tables on 1.  We've dominated so long it ain't even funny.  The state tournament runs of cland, Hampton, and UH number into double digits since Unaka's gold ball in 04

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Announcements



×
×
  • Create New...