Region 1A

Htowndawgs

Still very early but after some early season non conference tune up games who is looking like contenders and or pretenders? Is Hampton and Hancock for real? I'm going to say in District 1A- Between Cloudland, UH, Ng and Hampton its  going to be a Dog fight, with Unaka possibly playing spoiler on who wins it outright.

Got to see Hampton play, played very hard and have some depth it seemed but looked extremely young. Only other Region 1A teams I’ve seen are NG and Hancock. NG will take some bumps early a lot of young kids, best Hancock team I’ve seen in years, when they shoot it well they can be dangerous. What about Cosby, haven’t seen them yet? 

10 hours ago, BasketballMechanic1 said:

Got to see Hampton play, played very hard and have some depth it seemed but looked extremely young. Only other Region 1A teams I’ve seen are NG and Hancock. NG will take some bumps early a lot of young kids, best Hancock team I’ve seen in years, when they shoot it well they can be dangerous. What about Cosby, haven’t seen them yet? 

When Cosby is healthy they can be dangerous. Not very deep this year but im gonna bet were still better than Hancock!

12 hours ago, THE KING said:

Hancock beat an 11 deep cland squad by 10 on the roan.  We've had some to quit.  I don't know if the desire is there on the hardwood 

Desire...Dont get me started. 

We didnt play well the 1st half at SG and paid the price as SG shot very well and out hustled us too often. We young, but got time to get it together.

7 hours ago, old24eagle said:

Have no idea I didnt go. Like i said when were healthy we can be good. Right now were still down one starter and another is still very limited. We only dress 9 or 10 to start with.

GB is without Willis a 20 point a game player and really good defender also.Future looks good.

6 hours ago, orngnblk said:

GB is without Willis a 20 point a game player and really good defender also.Future looks good.

My grandson plays jv for Hancock, I get to make my way from Kingsport all the way to Greenback Friday night, hope to see some good ball games, heard Greenback has some big ole boys! 

Edited by BasketballMechanic1

18 hours ago, orngnblk said:

I think district 2 has finally turned the tables on 1.  We've dominated so long it ain't even funny.  The state tournament runs of cland, Hampton, and UH number into double digits since Unaka's gold ball in 04