Region 1A

Htowndawgs

UH is probably one of the best in region 1a,which really isn't saying much but they're doing what it's takes to win hopefully they can make a run to state,if no one else can,just need to reel in all the antics, and play ball.Hampton is just really young they have some very promising underclassmen, they'll be fine in a few years.as for Cloudland I have no idea what is going on up there other than the coach isn't very good but he's all they got,they have talent just can't get it all together maybe by years end

Do officiating crews in rural upper East TN know what a moving screen is lol? Would have been nice to at least get 1 of the 10 called last night. Also it’s typical when a foul is called with time remaining a team at least gets a chance to shoot their free throws until the ref changes it to an on the floor foul before the shot. But then doesn’t let you in bounds the ball because he then decides to just waive it off all together and run to the door. GB had other opportunities to seal a road win vs Hancock County despite officiating and the technical foul toward the end hurt when GB was looking to pull away. After a 24-20 1st half both teams upped the tempo a notch and the shooting percentage to finish with Hancock over GB 60-59. The 2nd half the lead kept changing back and forth. It was an entertaining game to watch. Refs pretty much let em play with zero game stoppage with neither team in the bonus until the last minute of game. I still can’t get past all those moving screens though lol! Really set HC up for some wide open shots.

I was at the Hancock Co and GB game honestly never seen an moving screen all night either team. Was a back and forth game and Hancock turned up the defense the whole game, actually they had a foul to give and when foul was made, No time left on clock so game over.. The hard nosed “D” by the indians won the game as they had as much as a 10 point lead at times. With that said overall a good ref’d game. I have seen some not so good ref’d games but not this one.

8 hours ago, Sliver15 said:

I was at the Hancock Co and GB game honestly never seen an moving screen all night either team. Was a back and forth game and Hancock turned up the defense the whole game, actually they had a foul to give and when foul was made, No time left on clock so game over.. The hard nosed “D” by the indians won the game as they had as much as a 10 point lead at times. With that said overall a good ref’d game. I have seen some not so good ref’d games but not this one.

We’ll just agree to disagree on this one lol! Your time keeper did not stop the clock after whiste blew and that referee wanted no part of an altercation so he just bailed. Played too much ball to know what a moving and illegal screen is and there were multiple. 

Here's how I would rank the teams from Region 1A as of right now:

1. Hancock County (17-3)

2. University High (13-3)

3. North Greene (12-6)

4. Hampton (13-7)

5. Cosby (11-6)

Even though Hancock County has the best overall record for Region 1A right now I don't know how serious of a contender they really are. In my opinion, University High has the better talent of the 5 schools listed above. Hampton just might have the 2nd most talented team.

However, we can't count out North Greene or Cosby either. All 5 of these teams could make a run. I still think University High has the best chance to go deeper into the postseason. I would put Hancock County as the team with the 2nd best chance to go deeper into postseason play. 

8 hours ago, tonybologna said:

1. Hancock County (17-3)

3. North Greene (12-6)

4. Hampton (13-7)

5. Cosby (11-6)

Even though Hancock County has the best overall record for Region 1A right now I don't know how serious of a contender they really are. In my opinion, University High has the better talent of the 5 schools listed above. Hampton just might have the 2nd most talented team.

However, we can't count out North Greene or Cosby either. All 5 of these teams could make a run. I still think University High has the best chance to go deeper into the postseason. I would put Hancock County as the team with the 2nd best chance to go deeper into postseason play. 

We have a potential dark horse. Just ask Hancock County coach. Seems like a very nice man. I guarantee you he doesn’t want to face GB again. Hancock County goes as far as their point guard can take them with the shooting from #12 I believe. Fast and in shape. GB still working on that basketball shape coming off of football and b-ball mentality of you can’t take a break in between scores lol. We are getting beat on transition back to defense and giving up easy points. We get that fixed among a few other things and we have the athletes and size to compete.

Edited by ladykee
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ladykee said:

We have a potential dark horse. Just ask Hancock County coach. Seems like a very nice man. I guarantee you he doesn’t want to face GB again. Hancock County goes as far as their point guard can take them with the shooting from #12 I believe. Fast and in shape. GB still working on that basketball shape coming off of football and b-ball mentality of you can’t take a break in between scores lol. We are getting beat on transition back to defense and giving up easy points. We get that fixed among a few other things and we have the athletes and size to compete.

I have to admit that I don't know too much about Greenback. I think the boy's record is like 3-9 or 4-9 correct? I know they almost beat Hancock County on Friday night losing by only 1 point. If they can play like they did against Hancock County on a consistent basis for the rest of the regular season then they would jump into the darkhorse contention category. I agree with you on that. The problem though with Greenback is that they're already like 6th place in the conference right now out of 8 teams.

Now, they could climb back up into the top 3 because besides Hancock County & Cosby the other 3 teams above them right now are just a couple of games ahead of Greenback. Of course, then we have the postseason conference tournament as well in which is where they could be really dangerous. Plus, they could get a couple of wins in the conference tourney to advance to the Regionals as well.

I'm not sold on Hancock County actually being the best team in Region 1-A. They are right up there but University High from District 1-A & Cosby from District 2-A just both might be better teams than Hancock County. Going to be interesting to see who ends up winning the regular season title in District 2-A & also the postseason Conference tourney.

I think the postseason conference tourney there could be just about any team that could surprise others & win the title including Greenback. I think University High is going to run away with the District 1-A regular season title. But, the tourney for that District could be interesting as well. North Greene & Hampton both have enough talent to compete with University High. I would include Unaka as the darkhorse for District 1-A but only for the postseason conference tourney & not the regular season.

Edited by tonybologna

18 hours ago, tonybologna said:

1. Hancock County (17-3)

3. North Greene (12-6)

4. Hampton (13-7)

5. Cosby (11-6)

Cosby beat the team you have ranked #1 by about 20 in a game that was never really close.....just sayin!

Edited by old24eagle