Region 1A

Htowndawgs

27 minutes ago, old24eagle said:

Cosby beat the team you have ranked #1 by about 20 in a game that was never really close.....just sayin!

As a follower of Hancock their top 2 scorers had been out with the flu all week, and if I'm not mistaken this game was played at Cosby which we all know is a tough place to play. I do believe it was a 6 point game at the half and Hancock led after 1. Cosby shot lights out second half of the game as well and things changed quickly. With that said Cosby is a pretty tough team, esp at home and honestly from the games I've seen Cosby UH Hancock Hampton should be your Region semis (which would be fun). Unaka and North Greene may have something to say about that and Greenback looks completely different with their other big kid back. Cosby may be 20 points better than Hancock but lets not jump to many conclusions until a healthy Cosby and a healthy Hancock play @ Hancock. Also I may be wrong but isn't 2-A tourney at Hancock? Should be interesting. 

12 minutes ago, BasketballMechanic1 said:

As a follower of Hancock their top 2 scorers had been out with the flu all week, and if I'm not mistaken this game was played at Cosby which we all know is a tough place to play. I do believe it was a 6 point game at the half and Hancock led after 1. Cosby shot lights out second half of the game as well and things changed quickly. With that said Cosby is a pretty tough team, esp at home and honestly from the games I've seen Cosby UH Hancock Hampton should be your Region semis (which would be fun). Unaka and North Greene may have something to say about that and Greenback looks completely different with their other big kid back. Cosby may be 20 points better than Hancock but lets not jump to many conclusions until a healthy Cosby and a healthy Hancock play @ Hancock. Also I may be wrong but isn't 2-A tourney at Hancock? Should be interesting. 

Cosby also played that whole game with a 6 man rotation. Had 2 seniors sitting out due to injury or illness. You're right though the tourny at Hancock makes it interesting.

14 hours ago, ladykee said:

We have a potential dark horse. Just ask Hancock County coach. Seems like a very nice man. I guarantee you he doesn’t want to face GB again. Hancock County goes as far as their point guard can take them with the shooting from #12 I believe. Fast and in shape. GB still working on that basketball shape coming off of football and b-ball mentality of you can’t take a break in between scores lol. We are getting beat on transition back to defense and giving up easy points. We get that fixed among a few other things and we have the athletes and size to compete.

I think the kees being in district 2 has spiced things up. With the resurgence of Hancock,  cosby ain't the only good team anymore.  Keep in mind that none of these teams could stay on the floor with the teams cland and hampton used to put out there, but I'd like to see us all get back to that level 

• Like 1

Hey guys after reading all these post and im neutral just like watching sports. all teams i seen are capable winning on any given night.I did see Cosby in a couple games as well as Hancock, and yes Hancock point guard is lighting quick and  his court vision will rip you apart, so be alert lol, best i seen in long time on the highschool level , replying to a post in read yes #12 can shoot lights out when hes zoned in, Hancock i heard had some players sick, may have played but not 100 precent healthy at the time they play at Cosby , Greenback is capable of playing with anyone now they they have Willis back, so yeah ive seen all teams and just an outside opinion. Should be some good games in future coming up.. ??tho , Whats up with Cosby barely beating Berean Christian the other night?? Won by 6? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, old24eagle said:

Cosby beat the team you have ranked #1 by about 20 in a game that was never really close.....just sayin!

Go back & read my previous post. I did say that I didn't think Hancock County was necessarily the best team in District 2-A. I also mentioned Cosby among others as contenders. Thanks.

On 1/14/2019 at 11:11 PM, uknoit2 said:

Good win for the Dogs tonight AT Unicoi. Game wasn't as close as final score. Was up by 20+ in the 4th. I like the way Hill and Tolley are playing right now. Aggressive to the rack and confident shooting.

We also beat unicoi last night.  Could be a pretty good game between us Friday night.  Too bad we're not like the 2011 or 12 teams.  No one else would be in the conversation 

2 hours ago, THE KING said:

We also beat unicoi last night.  Could be a pretty good game between us Friday night.  Too bad we're not like the 2011 or 12 teams.  No one else would be in the conversation 

Those were the days...Every game was a fight and each team could play! Ole 'little' played then. He and Hyden went at it like bitter enemies...Then became close friends...Well, after they graduated ;-)

We had dandy teams in 13 thru 16 but our games with Cland were not like those 

8 hours ago, uknoit2 said:

Those were the days...Every game was a fight and each team could play! Ole 'little' played then. He and Hyden went at it like bitter enemies...Then became close friends...Well, after they graduated ;-)

We had dandy teams in 13 thru 16 but our games with Cland were not like those 

That's back when cland could score 60 in one half :o

Another Friday night and another good slate of games. Hamp @ Cland is the one to watch, IMO. I don't think Cland can recover from another home conference loss. UH on the road @ Sullivan North should be a W for UH, but who knows when you go on the road and then NG at Unaka - winner keeps it interesting for the conference title. 

UH has all their work in front of them with away games at the big 3 - too early to tell if they are legit.

Hamp has the inside track if/when UH slips up

NG laying in the weeds waiting...

Unaka has overachieved so far, IMO

Cland needs to wake up - NOW! before it really is too late.

Sull North is going to wreck someones hopes, but that's all they can do.

The next two weeks will be very interesting and I hope the teams bring their "A" games. Could be fun to watch.

Hampton has to mature across the board and some need to start expanding their game. Period. We get a team with a couple of good defensive players and we'll be in trouble if some others don't become threats 

We go to Cland then we can have our way at home. We got the W at SN & NG, should've won at UH, really need the win Friday