Region 1A

Htowndawgs

1 hour ago, uknoit2 said:

I've been a part of a few state tourney caliber teams and I don't see one in Dist 1.

Our 2010, 13, 14, 15 teams would've averaged 30+ point wins on any of these 

I tend to agree with you based on film I have seen. I think Cosby playing their game would pose a lot of problems for UH. UH has weaknesses that can be exploited. They appear to rely heavily on the long ball and tend to foul a lot when playing aggressive D. I saw many opponents drive to basket on them but failed to make the shot. Hard to judge size on film but they don’t appear to have a lot of height down low but they are bulky in size. We’ll see what we can do with them.

7 hours ago, TheBigRig said:

Who's not dangerous when they hit shots and limit turnovers??? :roll:

We hit shots around basket like we can and limit turnovers which we should and we would have been the 1 or 2 seed coming out of district. We get a lot of shots off and chances for put backs with our size. When we are hitting & taking care of ball we win. Inconsistency is our problem and injuries.

17 hours ago, ladykee said:

I like that top bracket! Hopefully GB comes to play and UH is scratching head at their 4 seed match up. We can be dangerous when we are hitting and not turning ball over. Ask Cosby!

You're right, Athletically and physically GB is a matchup nightmare for most small 1A teams. #23 (I think)    is one of the most athletic big guys around. Your great big fella will send shots out of the paint left and right and if he's having a good night offensively GB is a tough out for anybody. I honestly think we are the team to beat in the region right now but i also think there are 4-5 teams capable of winning it. I'm afraid region 2 is gonna be tough on any of us come sub state time however.

13 hours ago, uknoit2 said:

I've been a part of a few state tourney caliber teams and I don't see one in Dist 1.

Our 2010, 13, 14, 15 teams would've averaged 30+ point wins on any of these 

I think that's a bit exaggerated, but I'm behind your basic point. UH is no juggernaut. That said, they are still extremely solid, its been 15+ years since I've seen a UH team that plays this physical. Add that to the fact that there is exactly one team from Region 2 that I would call better than average, as long as Harriman does what they are supposed to do, I believe either UH, NG, Hampton, Sneedville, or Cosby would have little trouble with a home substate game against either of the mediocre Tellico Plains or Oneida teams.

Just my .02 though.

59 minutes ago, crazzyness said:

I think that's a bit exaggerated, but I'm behind your basic point. UH is no juggernaut. That said, they are still extremely solid, its been 15+ years since I've seen a UH team that plays this physical. Add that to the fact that there is exactly one team from Region 2 that I would call better than average, as long as Harriman does what they are supposed to do, I believe either UH, NG, Hampton, Sneedville, or Cosby would have little trouble with a home substate game against either of the mediocre Tellico Plains or Oneida teams.

Just my .02 though.

Been a while since I've heard from you....I actually thought my post would bring some posters outta fuming!

I just haven't seen and don't see the talent in Dist-1 (compared to the years I mentioned)  to get to the glass house. There's just not that dominate team, with that dominate player(s) that everyone fears to play....If it exists, I have failed to witness it.

Edited by uknoit2

12 hours ago, ladykee said:

I tend to agree with you based on film I have seen. I think Cosby playing their game would pose a lot of problems for UH. UH has weaknesses that can be exploited. They appear to rely heavily on the long ball and tend to foul a lot when playing aggressive D. I saw many opponents drive to basket on them but failed to make the shot. Hard to judge size on film but they don’t appear to have a lot of height down low but they are bulky in size. We’ll see what we can do with them.

The better games we have played were against UH....Won one and lost one...Physical play is the key