Region 1A

Htowndawgs

10 hours ago, jjm70 said:

They have called bull crap all year.

The defensive block calls were ridiculous....There was no doubt they saw we were set....Heck, even a few pals from NG were amazed.

And if they called the game like they did because one or two of our players acted shocked over the calls, then there as "little" as anyone I've ever met.

Still, the calls didn't cause the loss (didn't help), it was the lack of driving the lanes, and just serving up the ball to NG for easy buckets that did. I watched the game.

Edited by uknoit2

49 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

The defensive block calls were ridiculous....There was no doubt they saw we were set....Heck, even a few pals from NG were amazed.

And if they called the game like they did because one or two of our players acted shocked over the calls, then there as "little" as anyone I've ever met.  King is the best.  If I could only be like the king

Still, the calls didn't cause the loss (didn't help), it was the lack of driving the lanes, and just serving up the ball to NG for easy buckets that did. I watched the game.

:popcorneater:

Evidently North greene has our girls number as well.  They've beat us 3 times this year.  NG has been a real thorn in the side of Hampton and cloudland for several seasons now.  I've never gotten over the football game in baileyton where they beat us 21-7.  Its very embarrassing for an elite football program to lose to NG.  Its like vandy waxing the vols.  I'd be suicidal if I were those players

• Like 1

Come up and watch District 1 Championships tonight @ Hancock high. Should be some good games, ill be there ..Also, whats up with the Refs in this District tournament?? They have been comical, lol  come up check it out for yourselves.Heard  last night was as worse as friday night to some degree, WOW!! i mean catch a ride up there and watch the refing, for highschool basketball u will chuckle if u know anything abt basketball.anyways good luck to the teams tonight. Hope they send the highschool refs to call the games tonight

Due to a couple of upsets (on paper) Jellico over Hancock and N. Greene over Hampton - tonight is very interesting for positioning. UH and NG will host Hancock and Greenback. Cosby and Jellico will host Unaka and Hampton.

If you take the chalk route - UH vs Gback, NG vs Hancock, Cosby vs Unaka and Jellico vs Hampton.

This potentially sets up very interesting games for the Regional Semi-Finals - UH vs Hampton and Cosby vs Hancock - obviously the teams know each other very well.

Then we would have a very solid Regional Final with both teams advancing.

I know there will be "upsets", just not sure of a dark horse making a run.