Region 1A

Htowndawgs

33 minutes ago, THE KING said:

Uh and cosby will represent region 1 in the glass house 

No Meigs nor GCA in substate; No Memphis Mitchell nor Clay Co at state, and it was just said that UH played the worst offensive game of the year and handled Harriman. Wild how times change.

On 3/5/2019 at 1:36 AM, CosbyTradition said:

Cosby won and Didn’t play well offensively either..we were 15 points better than Oneida..we’re due for a good shooting game..id like to play UH again 

You're not 15 points better except in your own mind. That was the worst offensive game oneida has had in a long while. Normally hit 7-10 3's per game and our FG percentage was way below norm. Credit where it's due, Cosby is a very good defensive team and had a lot to do with our poor offensive performance I admit. Just wish you were willing to admit maybe oneida had something to do with the lack luster offensive showing y'all had. That game was 2 teams that looked like they'd never saw a court in the first half and a really hard fought close game in the second. 

The real difference in this one was at the free throw line. Cosby was on point from the line, Oneida was not. 

Edited by crow

Oneida isn’t bad by any means..I could tell 11 had the ability to get hot..40 is a good role player, botts is a good pg and Yancy plays bigger than he is..but we missed idk how many layups..worst game our posts had played maybe all year and we still won on the road and never trailed the entire game..our guards didn’t shoot good either..24 is about our 4th scoring option for us and he took over..good thing is we’re do for a good shooting game 

That's my point also, we missed numerous "sure thing" shots all night as well. Honestly between a solid Cosby defense and our players being a little overwhelmed by the circumstances we also underperformed on a level I haven't witnessed in a long time, maybe ever this season anyway. Neither team impressed with their offense that night but it was an entertaining game. Cosby opened with a 7-2 run and the lead stayed around 2 - 6 points except for a couple of minutes in the third where it stretched to 9. Then quicklyback to a few point lead. Ending with a 2 point lead with 9 seconds in the game and 22 iced it with his 2 Free throws. I'd have to look at the paper for the official stats but my thoughts about the difference being free throws still stands. Cosby was lights out from the line, Oneida simply shot poorly from the line as well as the field. Again credit a good defense for the field Stat. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• hey goat! how’s monterey looking this year?! 
    • several people actually. they said “snoball, do you know who railbird81 is on coacht?” I said, “never heard of her.” they said, “you ought to check it out they’re getting fired up on there like the old days.” well, you can imagine my disappointment when I came here expecting sharp, witty banter and all i found was more akin to toddlers slap fighting. and what looks like 1 guy/gal talking to themselves with multiple accounts.
    • Shopping? His family is loaded and he's 6'6 I'm pretty sure he could start anywhere in upper East TN,So no need to shop. Word is Witten got caught trying to work him out on campus and some 7 on 7 while playing athletics for Sullivan East. Word got around pretty quick and Someone turned them into TSSAA.
    • Quick update on Jacob -  Jacob celebrated his 16th birthday at Vanderbilt on Tuesday and has been in decent spirits.  His sense of humor has begun to show as he was visited by many friends.  He is swallowing a lot better now and has eaten some of his favorites (Chik-Fil-A and Five Guys).   He is getting prepared to head to Atlanta to the Shepherd Center first thing tomorrow morning.  His family has been waiting on insurance approval. In case you dont know the Shepherd Center it a world class facility and supposedly one of the best in the country for spinal injury rehab.  Praying for perfect results there. Considering the circumstances, Jacob is in decent spirits.  He has some reflexive movement in his legs which I think is probably a very positive sign.  Don't read too much into that just yet as there is no telling what the real prognosis is... just hopeful that is good thing.  I am really just happy that it seems like he has a punchers chance of getting something back.  He is a strong young man and very determined so I think he will fight as hard as he can in physical therapy while down in Atlanta. More than one of you has asked me about an address to send donations.  I know GoFundMe isn't for everyone.  If you want to go that route, you can make a check to "Blackman Wrestling Club" and we will pass anything received directly to the Kinderdines.   Jacob Kinderdine c/o Blackman Wrestling 4836 Trevino Court Murfreesboro, TN  37128 Also, want to thank everyone who has donated so far.  Jacobs dad will take a month off work and stay in Atlanta with him.  They need to learn how to take care of him and do home therapy work..... and surely Jacob will be glad his dad can be there.  All that could not happen without you all.  Depending on what happens, they will probably end up doing some home remodeling in order to accommodate Jacob at their home.  Thanks again. Here's a pic I lifted from Facebook of Jacob on Oxy talking to his Uncle.  LOL        
    • How many wins can the jackets pull of next year ?? What kind of offense will they being going to!? Also heard 2 or 3 kids maybe going to friendship ?