Region 1A

Htowndawgs

I've seen all the teams in this district this year and none of them resemble a state tournament team. No size and very little athletic ability across the board. Single A state title will go through a west or middle tn team easily. UH is the epitome of inmates running the asylum. I've never seen a team piss and moan so much about fouls called or lack thereof. The flexing and clapping in players faces has to stop because 1. It's embarrassing and 2. They've done nothing in the last few years to earn that. When is the last time they made the trip to Murfreesboro without having to buy a ticket? All in all this district is very weak and I don't really see anything coming out of it for the next few years.

Agree with most of this...Like I said, we went to the glass house in 14, 15 & 16 and there wasn't a kid on those teams, I can think of, that'd tell you how good he was or act like a twit on the floor.

We are young but we have the talent to get to the boro for years to come...Question is, do we have the work ethic and mind set to get there?  Not so far.

Edited by uknoit2

On 1/9/2019 at 12:00 AM, uknoit2 said:

Oh come on....Ive seen some of the best players in the state play without taunting and running off at the mouth! #30 for UH is good and he doesn't open his mouth. Does his thing and goes on...gotta like that!

It may have appeared I was dissing on the UH coach...Not so...I've watched him for years and he is very very good. ..and I saw him tell a starter tonight that he'd address his attitude after the game. So maybe he's not for all the mouthing crap after all.

As for Hampton losing composure tonight, we were down 9 at half and come back  to take the lead...you do realize Bentley was on the bench with a bleeding leg for a long span and #2 and #24 are both freshmen? And if we hit half of our missed layups, we win going away? Shooting 3 for 13 from three and 54% from FT line didn't help either :roflolk:

Don't know who's sleeping on UH, sure hasn't been any of us up here.  BTW, I honestly didn't see UH doing much trash talking tonight anyways.

Well you may not want to say it but the guy can coach yes,but to let them act the way they do towards other teams and the other teams coaches looks very bad on him.Its always been said teams play like the coach coaches.I watched those kids act like thugs last year and i am in no way impressed!Discipline is not just how a team plays but how they act.The language that some of those kids throw around is or should be quite embarrassing.BUT as a poster said as long as it entails winning LET IT RIDE!SMOnBH!!

OK, OK...enough on the bashing of a team's kids. Having watched games in this conference for years, i have seen each team have it's embarrassing moments. Swearing, acting a fool towards ref's, yelling at their own coach, arguments on the court with teammates, racial slurs...you name it a team in this conference has done it at some point. Some of the parents behavior is even worse! 

Tonight's games should be interesting with CLand @ UH and Hamp @ NG. Either separation Friday or a jumbled mess. Let's go chaos!

9 hours ago, TheBigRig said:

OK, OK...enough on the bashing of a team's kids. Having watched games in this conference for years, i have seen each team have it's embarrassing moments. Swearing, acting a fool towards ref's, yelling at their own coach, arguments on the court with teammates, racial slurs...you name it a team in this conference has done it at some point. Some of the parents behavior is even worse! 

Tonight's games should be interesting with CLand @ UH and Hamp @ NG. Either separation Friday or a jumbled mess. Let's go chaos!

Won't be interesting at all.  Cland has yet to get off the bus this year.  I wonder if they know its even basketball season yet