Region 1A

Htowndawgs

1 hour ago, uknoit2 said:

I just don't get how it was determined to play Districts at Unaka and Regionals at SN....Giving both home court advantage. 

I mean I was tired of going to Daniel Boone and Chuckey Doak but my gosh!

And why give Hancock home court advantage?

Well we only got beat by 1 up there at Hancock so it can be done however that drive is a huge disadvantage for our guys especially if we advance and have to make that trip up and back on school nights. That is hard for the sport of basketball where stamina is everything! We have this new lovely large gym at GB and probably won’t ever get any tourney time held in it. I think it should be required to be held at a neutral site to ALL or at least rotate it to all schools in district that can meet regulations. We get in the car and just head north these days toward KY or Virginia. Going to Lexington Saturday for Junior Day visit at UK with my #23 for football obviously not the round ball lol! Hopefully the weather cooperates over and back down Jellico Mt.

13 hours ago, old24eagle said:

Im glad yall are in our district for competition purposes, but yall should be in district 3 geographically. Sullivan North is a sub division of the Eastman Plant in Kingsport..lol

We enjoy the games but the drive is brutal! I’m sure the other teams think the same when they travel here though. We used to play Cosby every year home & away back in the late 80s when I was in high school.

On 1/25/2019 at 2:43 PM, uknoit2 said:

Not exactly, but close! :roflol:

Thats my favorite thing about Cosby, it has a very rural middle of nowhere feel while being 10 minutes from Newport and shopping and groceries and restruants , 20 minutes from Gatlinburg Sevier County and all that mess, an hour from Knoxville and Asheville. We are an hour or less away from basically ANYTHING you could want to do, while still being "in the middle of nowhere"!

3 hours ago, old24eagle said:

Thats my favorite thing about Cosby, it has a very rural middle of nowhere feel while being 10 minutes from Newport and shopping and groceries and restruants , 20 minutes from Gatlinburg Sevier County and all that mess, an hour from Knoxville and Asheville. We are an hour or less away from basically ANYTHING you could want to do, while still being "in the middle of nowhere"!

I thought cosby was "wrong turn" when i came through to Gp. I threw some toothbrushes out da winder :grin: