District 6 A

GoBlue98

Gordonsville's Boys team starting off the year with a few good wins.  Monterey also looks to be very competitive.  Both teams are undefeated but it's still early in the season.  Being a tigers fan I also have to mention how good the new basketball court looks.  Any discussion on who will be the top team in this district and how other districts in Class A will play out ? 

Edited by GoBlue98

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clay Co., RBS, and Trousdale Co were picked 1, 2, and 3  in preseason coaches poll. However district should be pretty solid top to bottom , Gordonsville, Jackson , Monterey , and Pickett all dangerous  and Clarkrange tough place to play. Clay Co. and Macon play tomorrow night, I hope Macon brings A game if not be running clock. 

Clay County is the best team in this district and this part of the state in Class A. They are loaded from top to bottom. Their freshman class is as good or better than anyone’s in any classsification in middle Tn. I do look for RBS to give them some resistance because of their size at the post but in the end they will make a return trip to the glass house.  I’m also predicting that RBS will have a legitimate shot at being there as well. 

On 11/26/2018 at 1:44 PM, GoBlue98 said:

Gordonsville's Boys team starting off the year with a few good wins.  Monterey also looks to be very competitive.  Both teams are undefeated but it's still early in the season.  Being a tigers fan I also have to mention how good the new basketball court looks.  Any discussion on who will be the top team in this district and how other districts in Class A will play out ? 

I would probably look for Gville to beat TC tonight, getting TC at the right time, football guys not ready yet and a few hurt, TC could be late bloomers this year, once everyone gets healthy.

On 11/27/2018 at 1:32 PM, GoBlue98 said:

I look for Pickett and Clay to be two top teams in the district.  G'viile was beat by Watertown last night but look like a solid team.  District 6 will be very competitive this year.  

Pickett Co. always has talent and it will be tough to beat them at the Bobcat Den as it is every year. I look for RBS, JC and Pickett to battle it out for 2nd behind Clay County.  First installment is tonight when RBS travels to Pickett County followed by JC at PC on Friday and then JC vs RBS next Tuesday.  

I listen to game on radio RBS starts game 17-4 run 1st 4 mins. Marsh scored all 17 pts then 2 quick fouls. Then 2 more  quick fouls within 2 mins 2nd quarter total 4 . He fouls out with 4 mins to go in 3rd quarter. Marsh may have played 10 total mins tonight still had 20 pts. Radio announcer said Pickett shot 41 ft tonight.  I may go over to RBS and watch the rematch.

Pickett Co beat RBS 76-61. They start 2 freshmen, a sophomore and 2 juniors. The leading scorer is freshman Zach Amonett. His father is the coach and he was Mr Basketball in 1995 when PC won the state championship for the 2nd time. As for Clarkrange they beat a weak Oneida team 3 times and other weak teams. They have one very good player, Nick Hall. I think Monterey may be the #2 team. PC is much better than the 6th place they were picked for.