District 6 A

GoBlue98

Gville beat Trousdale 65-52, it was the football guys first game back and it showed not in b-ball shape yet, Clark (6'5) moving back has helped down low but when he got in foul trouble in the 2nd half, Hunter Mann from Gville had a field day, I think he finished with 26 pts. Keyvont Baines had 21 in his first game back. He will be a all-district player. 

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree Mrsports, I attended the Pickett-RBS game and was blown away by the kids RBS had.  So much dysfunction going on with that team by the looks of it.  The same group was loaded in JH without the Marsh kid.  Pickett did impress me, but RBS was a huge letdown.  Coaching played a huge part in that victory, hats off to the Pickett coach.  Clay is way ahead of anyone in that district though.  I will have to see it to believe it with RBS.  I know they were picked 2nd, but the standing on offense and shrewd behavior of everyone was hard not to notice.  Also none of the kids they had in JH look to be developed.  Welch has always developed kids at Macon, doesn't make sense for the big to go to that mess.   Just my 2 cents!

Looking forward to Friday, i will be at the Pickett Jackson game! Go Bobcats!

22 hours ago, tigermanforlife said:

RBS coach has done more with less talent the last 20 years than anyone. I'm a Macon County fan and have watched RBS through the years. I would have to disagree with you Mrsports and I think most coaches would agree that play RBS. 

Are you saying RBS coach is best in district ?

No, I didn't say best. I said gets more out of less. RBS usually  limited on talent and he seems to get them to play hard, solid on defense, and they usually control tempo of game. He coached some AAU for Macon and I attended some of those games and most of parents were impressed. Now I watched Marsh as a Freshman at Macon and only watched on NCTC since been at RBS. Marsh has developed more at RBS then he would at Macon. At least Owens knows to throw ball into post to 6-7 or 6-8 whatever he is now. It sounded like from radio that was working Marsh had 17pts in a row too start game so sounds like good game plan, If you sit in crowd at Macon most people think boys basketball is a train wreck. So that's matter of opinion on whether Marsh should have stayed or not, He already has scored over 1000 pts at RBS and RBS had just of good of season last year as Macon. One could argue 6A was better than 8AA last year. I wouldn't count RBS out over one game at Pickett. I just wished Macon and RBS would start playing again. 

The majority of the people at Macon that think boys basketball is a train wreck there don't know basketball clearly. I know Coach Owens and Coach Welch well. Both do a great job. To insinuate that Coach Welch hasnt performed more times than not at Macon is somewhat laughable. Can anyone give the statistics on this? How many times has he been to the state tournament? Twice I believe? Just curious as to how many times Macon boys have been to the state tournament in total? 

2 hours ago, tigermanforlife said:

No, I didn't say best. I said gets more out of less. RBS usually  limited on talent and he seems to get them to play hard, solid on defense, and they usually control tempo of game. He coached some AAU for Macon and I attended some of those games and most of parents were impressed. Now I watched Marsh as a Freshman at Macon and only watched on NCTC since been at RBS. Marsh has developed more at RBS then he would at Macon. At least Owens knows to throw ball into post to 6-7 or 6-8 whatever he is now. It sounded like from radio that was working Marsh had 17pts in a row too start game so sounds like good game plan, If you sit in crowd at Macon most people think boys basketball is a train wreck. So that's matter of opinion on whether Marsh should have stayed or not, He already has scored over 1000 pts at RBS and RBS had just of good of season last year as Macon. One could argue 6A was better than 8AA last year. I wouldn't count RBS out over one game at Pickett. I just wished Macon and RBS would start playing again. 

I agree Owens is a pretty good coach, but I don’t even think he is the best basketball coach in the school! 

He does a lot but Mckinney does a lot more with a lot less! 

I agree the RBS coach is a very good coach. So far this year RBS is 9-1 and 5 of those wins are against home school teams. Then Republic, Westmoreland and Smith county all which are struggling so far this season. The first solid team they play which most people say Pickett is down this season but was able to beat RBS by 15. The next 3 games Monterey, Jackson and Clarkrange will tell more about where they stand.

18 hours ago, Play 4 Fun said:

The majority of the people at Macon that think boys basketball is a train wreck there don't know basketball clearly. I know Coach Owens and Coach Welch well. Both do a great job. To insinuate that Coach Welch hasnt performed more times than not at Macon is somewhat laughable. Can anyone give the statistics on this? How many times has he been to the state tournament? Twice I believe? Just curious as to how many times Macon boys have been to the state tournament in total? 

Coach Welch does a great job!