District 6 A

GoBlue98

20 hours ago, tigermanforlife said:

No, I didn't say best. I said gets more out of less. RBS usually  limited on talent and he seems to get them to play hard, solid on defense, and they usually control tempo of game. He coached some AAU for Macon and I attended some of those games and most of parents were impressed. Now I watched Marsh as a Freshman at Macon and only watched on NCTC since been at RBS. Marsh has developed more at RBS then he would at Macon. At least Owens knows to throw ball into post to 6-7 or 6-8 whatever he is now. It sounded like from radio that was working Marsh had 17pts in a row too start game so sounds like good game plan, If you sit in crowd at Macon most people think boys basketball is a train wreck. So that's matter of opinion on whether Marsh should have stayed or not, He already has scored over 1000 pts at RBS and RBS had just of good of season last year as Macon. One could argue 6A was better than 8AA last year. I wouldn't count RBS out over one game at Pickett. I just wished Macon and RBS would start playing again. 

Merrol Hyde scored 100 pts on RBS last year, so the defense comment is a little over reactive.  Did some research last night in terms of home school comment, and talking about weak schedule.  18-123 is RBS boys record vs tssaa schools over last 7 years! Mind blowing, being that JH boys were always competitive during that time.  Also, Macon is 4-0 in last 4 games vs RBS with a 241-159 scoring differential.  Welch does play tssaa schools as well.  Ready for District action tonight should be some good boys games.  GO BOBCATS!!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First thing Seth Carlisle played Jr, High at RBS  in 6th grade and was the best player on team and Michael Tirjan played Jr high at RBS. Those 2 transfer to Macon to play football.  So comparing Jr,High to High School is insane. Plus RBS in Jr high plays Deafeated, Hermitage Springs, Forks River , Union Heights, all these feeder schools in this area. RBS Jr High has only won 4 games total past 3 years. You trade those games in for Goodpasture , Pickett, Clarkrange , Watertown, Jackson. Gordonsville,Clay.Trousdale, Westmoreland ,Friendship,Macon,Smith Co. and XMAS Tournament teams on a yearly bases, that's a tough schedule for school with less than 200 students and limited in talent. Macon enrollment is 5 times the size of RBS (10-15 is Owens Career record against Macon not too bad I did some research).  Also Owens Coach coach Jr High years ago those teams were good and so was those same teams in high school.

Edited by tigermanforlife

1 hour ago, tigermanforlife said:

First thing Seth Carlisle played Jr, High at RBS  in 6th grade and was the best player on team and Michael Tirjan played Jr high at RBS. Those 2 transfer to Macon to play football.  So comparing Jr,High to High School is insane. Plus RBS in Jr high plays Deafeated, Hermitage Springs, Forks River , Union Heights, all these feeder schools in this area. RBS Jr High has only won 4 games total past 3 years. You trade those games in for Goodpasture , Pickett, Clarkrange , Watertown, Jackson. Gordonsville,Clay.Trousdale, Westmoreland ,Friendship,Macon,Smith Co. and XMAS Tournament teams on a yearly bases, that's a tough schedule for school with less than 200 students and limited in talent. Macon enrollment is 5 times the size of RBS (10-15 is Owens Career record against Macon not too bad I did some research).  Also Owens Coach coach Jr High years ago those teams were good and so was those same teams in high school.

You are a Macon County aficionado.  I've heard whispers the early year's of success were Coach Smith Pickett girls coach product and Owens was a caretaker but wasn't living around here at the time.  At least that's what has been said up this way.

Edited by StarvinMarvin245

Tirjan was best athlete at RBS , chose not to play basketball at Macon.  I think rushed for 1800 yards senior year,  I looked at 2002-03 season on RBS. They  beat Pickett 3 times including District  Championship game. Smith was coach at Pickett then and been gone at least 3 years no way still caretaker, Plus Owens coached a group all the way through 7th grade to 12th grade good in Jr high and guided them to Sub-State only one in School History no care taking  there. I will go one better guided Celina (Clay County now) to District Championship (beat Pickett) and Sub-State Appearance. Plus 25-0 Jr High Team at RBS State Championship only 1 in school history since want to use Jr. High. Good thing i Kept this years Basketball preview on Macon  County  Basketball Teams. Didn't know would need it for Owens. Plus he has lived in Macon County his whole life.         

Edited by tigermanforlife

1 hour ago, tigermanforlife said:

Tirjan was best athlete at RBS , chose not to play basketball at Macon.  I think rushed for 1800 yards senior year,  I looked at 2002-03 season on RBS. They  beat Pickett 3 times including District  Championship game. Smith was coach at Pickett then and been gone at least 3 years no way still caretaker, Plus Owens coached a group all the way through 7th grade to 12th grade good in Jr high and guided them to Sub-State only one in School History no care taking  there. I will go one better guided Celina (Clay County now) to District Championship (beat Pickett) and Sub-State Appearance. Plus 25-0 Jr High Team at RBS State Championship only 1 in school history since want to use Jr. High. Good thing i Kept this years Basketball preview on Macon  County  Basketball Teams. Didn't know would need it for Owens. Plus he has lived in Macon County his whole life.         

Insane stat drop Tigerman.  Lets just not acknowledge Merrol Haggard Hyde dropping 100, and an average of 2 wins per year vs tssaa schools.  

I tell you what I will do ,I will call Owens and asked him about Merrol Hyde game at school next week. lol Actually Aaron Academy boys usually pretty good team.  Last time I did Math 38 divide by 7 not 2 maybe in Pickett. RBS girls last 7 years 48 wins 5 yrs for Mckinney and 14 wins 2 years larry. Now that's playing in District 8a 5 of those years was very weak, RBS girls 5-36 against Jackson , Clay, Clarkrange and Pickett over that time .  Mckinney does good job, and Larry is Larry. Like I said RBS tough place to win every year,

3 hours ago, Ringmaster17 said:

Clarkrange had 3 starters out Friday night. It will be hard to tell how they are going to be until all 3 are back on the floor 

Same with TC 3 of the football guys are hurt and not playing yet, 2 of them will make a big impact when they get back, this district imo is wide open, I don’t think any one team is superior to the rest, but if 1 team is the favorite it is clay, but I watched their game with Jackson and I may be being biased here, but TC is the most athletic team in the district but not sure they are a top basketball team in the district, time will tell