South Gibson over Haywood

WhereYouAt

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, South Gibson has a good team and should have a good chance to make it to the boro but will still have to go through Memphis. I see that South Gibson shooting guard had thirty-five (35) points against Haywood but should be a good game this Friday night against Humboldt. South Gibson lost both games against the Vikings last year and will want some revenge. Humboldt should have a packed house Friday night & this will be a good test to gauge the Vikings basketball team without Pankey . This game will only make Humboldt better playing against a good AA team & prepare them for another run in single A. Humboldt has played three (3)AA teams (Westview, Liberty, Obion county), one (1) AAA (Arlington) & Sacred Heart (Private). Sacred Heart was probably the best team Humboldt has played this year & was bigger then Humboldt at every position with a 6'8 & 6'6 post player & had some big guards. Hopefully, the Vikings will be ready to play & if not it's going to be a long night against South Gibson, Friday night. I plan on driving down Friday to watch the game so will be posting score after each quarter. 

49 minutes ago, 87vikingalumni said:

Yes, South Gibson has a good team and should have a good chance to make it to the boro but will still have to go through Memphis. I see that South Gibson shooting guard had thirty-five (35) points against Haywood but should be a good game this Friday night against Humboldt. South Gibson lost both games against the Vikings last year and will want some revenge. Humboldt should have a packed house Friday night & this will be a good test to gauge the Vikings basketball team without Pankey . This game will only make Humboldt better playing against a good AA team & prepare them for another run in single A. Humboldt has played three (3)AA teams (Westview, Liberty, Obion county), one (1) AAA (Arlington) & Sacred Heart (Private). Sacred Heart was probably the best team Humboldt has played this year & was bigger then Humboldt at every position with a 6'8 & 6'6 post player & had some big guards. Hopefully, the Vikings will be ready to play & if not it's going to be a long night against South Gibson, Friday night. I plan on driving down Friday to watch the game so will be posting score after each quarter. 

I do agree my friend and I went to South Gibson last night and watch the game. South Gibson hit 15 three pointers. The Hornets have good shooters but only won 73-68. They are going to have to work some on their inside game. They have good size Humboldt's quickness will give them a lot of trouble. Likewise if Humboldt can't slow down the 3 point shooters it will be tough on Humboldt. I am for sure telling they got more than one long ball shooter and The Hornets are not afraid to shoot either. Planning on being there if all goes well. But first Peabody has got to take of some business at Cookville against Trousdale County as school will great tradiction. This will the toughest game for Peabody this year! Roll Tide and Go Vikings!

1 hour ago, 87vikingalumni said:

I was surprised Humboldt  beat Westviev and Arlington over 20 points Martin is coming off a 33-3 season and Arlington had size nobody on the team was under 6-2 and they play teams out of Memphis they play top notched talent! So far the kid that took Pankey place as done a great job he gets good position and post up and blocks out well! I think The Vikings will be hard to handle all year!

6 hours ago, JungleJim125 said:

I do agree my friend and I went to South Gibson last night and watch the game. South Gibson hit 15 three pointers. The Hornets have good shooters but only won 73-68. They are going to have to work some on their inside game. They have good size Humboldt's quickness will give them a lot of trouble. Likewise if Humboldt can't slow down the 3 point shooters it will be tough on Humboldt. I am for sure telling they got more than one long ball shooter and The Hornets are not afraid to shoot either. Planning on being there if all goes well. But first Peabody has got to take of some business at Cookville against Trousdale County as school will great tradiction. This will the toughest game for Peabody this year! Roll Tide and Go Vikings!

Humboldt doesn’t need to give up 15 three pointers just played good man defense & box out! I hate when Humboldt traps out of the man because they leave to many shooters open for 3’s! Hopefully, the Bikings can wear them down in the 4th & get the win! 

6 hours ago, JungleJim125 said:

I was surprised Humboldt  beat Westviev and Arlington over 20 points Martin is coming off a 33-3 season and Arlington had size nobody on the team was under 6-2 and they play teams out of Memphis they play top notched talent! So far the kid that took Pankey place as done a great job he gets good position and post up and blocks out well! I think The Vikings will be hard to handle all year!

The Manley kid took Pankey spot, 6’2, athletic and left handed as well! He’s going to be OK just needs to settle down! Both teams are undefeated & Humboldt needs to play straight up man and make SG take contested jump shots and rebound!!!

On 11/28/2018 at 7:57 PM, racer1 said:

i think South Gibson have one of the best shooting teams in west tenn. For them to go real deep they need to play better defense..Was not a top Haywood team we are used to seeing.

Haywood has 2 kids being recruiting by D1 schools. Granted not as good some of the other D1 guys that passed through but still. that is a good team.