South Gibson over Haywood

WhereYouAt

2 hours ago, Tez2319 said:

I agree they knew that they had no chance to win the game, that would be a moral killer to once undefeated team!! And to make the male matters worse they(Humboldt) are single A 

As a coach, what are you teaching your kids, you always continue to fight & not quit? Humboldt beat them twice last year but you should always want to play the best competition because it only makes your team better! Who knows they might could have won game at home against the Vikings but we’ll never know now!  

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, 87vikingalumni said:

As a coach, what are you teaching your kids, you always continue to fight & not quit? Humboldt beat them twice last year but you should always want to play the best competition because it only makes your team better! Who knows they might could have won game at home against the Vikings but we’ll never know now!  

I agree 100 percent!

2 hours ago, Tez2319 said:

Yeap cancelled! Not forfeited but cancelled smh

I talked to good source out of Humboldt said part of the reason was Humboldt Jr High played South Gibson Jr High at SG the other night and beat them pretty bad! He told me the tension was high in that game. As I posted before SG is soft! 

Edited by JungleJim125

2 minutes ago, JungleJim125 said:

I talked to good source out of Humboldt said part of the reason was Humboldt Jr High played South Gibson Jr High at SG the other night and beat them pretty bad! He told me the tension was high in that game.

I don't think South Gibson wanted to take a chance on getting their second (2) lost & Humboldt wasn't a district game so They didn't care but what are they teaching their kids, to quit & give up?

11 minutes ago, JungleJim125 said:

I talked to good source out of Humboldt said part of the reason was Humboldt Jr High played South Gibson Jr High at SG the other night and beat them pretty bad! He told me the tension was high in that game. As I posted before SG is soft! 

Yea I seen that! We beat them last year in the region championship, and they had to travel to the state champs Hamilton. Let’s just say they were murdered! We went to host Mitchell, and went to state! They have the same team this year, so expectations I am guessing  was very high. 

2 minutes ago, Tez2319 said:

Yea I seen that! We beat them last year in the region championship, and they had to travel to the state champs Hamilton. Let’s just say they were murdered! We went to host Mitchell, and went to state! They have the same team this year, so expectations I am guessing  was very high. 

Yes, their expectations were very High but you never cancel games from playing good competition, you play to get better. like I stated, " I was at the game and South Gibson players/coaches were very confident that they were going to beat Humboldt. Humboldt defense shutdown their offense down with tough man defense & Humboldt won by 11 points with a terrible shooting game and missed over half of their free-throws. I told people that Humboldt would miss Pankey but still was going to be a good team hopefully they can continue to get better and make a run in single A & make it to Murfreesboro. Good Luck to South Gibson.

1 minute ago, 87vikingalumni said:

Yes, their expectations were very High but you never cancel games from playing good competition, you play to get better. like I stated, " I was at the game and South Gibson players/coaches were very confident that they were going to beat Humboldt. Humboldt defense shutdown their offense down with tough man defense & Humboldt won by 11 points with a terrible shooting game and missed over half of their free-throws. I told people that Humboldt would miss Pankey but still was going to be a good team hopefully they can continue to get better and make a run in single A & make it to Murfreesboro. Good Luck to South Gibson.

Yea I know 3 of Humboldt’s best players! Very stand up young men! They I think will make a deep run in Single A because they are battle tested! Wins against AA, AAA and some good A