Metro Rumors

GoldenTicket10

3 hours ago, EastNasty said:

Sorry bird but East Nashville is better.  Let's compare.

East Nashville,Stratford,HuntersLane,Whites Creek,Maplewood > Cohn,Hillwood

Princes Chicken> Hattie B's

I could keep going and no I dont want no fish sandwich #EastNasty

Nothing football related you can say I see. Why because we own y'all...lol

7 hours ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

I think it means that there will be two sets of purple wearing D2 coaches at every Metro middle school game now.

I see the D2 coaches at games in Williamson, Wilson, Rutherford and Cheatham County middle school games.  One D2 head coach told me he has a difficult time getting the MNPS kids through the admissions process because most are significantly behind academically.  He said that going form zero homework to 3 hours of homework every evening including weekends tends to weed the MNPS kids out very quickly.  

3 hours ago, wardog1970 said:

I saw EN play once last year. Their kids were out of control.  Some of them are going to be in the newspaper one day with how their taught to act on the field. It’s ironic you never see that crap at small rural schools but you always see it at inner city metro schools.  It’s taught by the coaches

As a former metro coach I know 100% for a fact players are taught discipline on and off the field all year long. Reguadless of what is coached and taught on and off the field many lessons are not learned till the district policies and protection of the school are long gone. I still get phone calls to this day with former players telling me I am always on their minds and thanking me for holding them accountable. Wardog1970 I disagree with your assumptions and would prefer you to keep your comments to yourself. Who holds you accountable? 

3 hours ago, wardog1970 said:

Regardless of what you say or how you say it the truth is much of Metro is trash and that’s the bottom line.  

I saw the tape of the fight in the Overton vs Antioch game. I have never seen anything like that in a long time, especially not like that  in Knoxville in a long time. Last time l saw a fight like that was at  the Jamboree at Neyland stadium in the early 90s if l remember correctly.

17 hours ago, wardog1970 said:

I saw EN play once last year. Their kids were out of control.  Some of them are going to be in the newspaper one day with how their taught to act on the field. It’s ironic you never see that crap at small rural schools but you always see it at inner city metro schools.  It’s taught by the coaches

No matter where the school is at it’s on the coach's to teach them discipline. I watched pearl scrimmage NE this year and they seemed to be well coached and disciplined. But I watched EN play NE and they had a lot of talent but did not seem to be coached very well. Plus if East Nashville does not want to participate in the national anthem, be respectful and stay in the locker room and don’t run around on the field and play catch while they play national anthem. 

5 hours ago, wardog1970 said:

Regardless of what you say or how you say it the truth is much of Metro is trash and that’s the bottom line.  

All you do on here is trash individuals and programs. Really shows your lack of class and how unintelligent you are on the subject of high school athletics. Get a clue. 

Marshall Co. has played many Metro teams over the year in a number of sports and we had one issue with Maplewood, but it was just emotions running high and had nothing to do with them being from Metro.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2