Metro Rumors

GoldenTicket10

13 hours ago, Hurricane717 said:

We seem to always lose focus on the topic at hand . 

Antioch?

Hillwood?

Overton?

Any more openings possibly in the future?

I think John Overton should take a hard look at Brian Beaubien.  He is already in the MNPS system and he won at Kenwood and was a regular playoff participant. Not sure if he even applied.  If not, moot point. 

If I were principal of those three schools here is who I would go after:

Antioch - At this point I would say anyone that truly wants it because I am not sure that anything else really matters. 

Hillwood - Brunetti, why not go after the nearby coach and try and build upon what Page started. Give the Bellevue kids a reason to go to their zoned school. 

Overton - Gore from McGavock. Good coach and person, closer drive, and might want a change of scenery. 

Hurricane both are long shots but if you were the principal wouldn't you at least try? Brunetti has done about all that he can at PC. Why not take on a new challenge for a good principal and get a new school to boot. He could have a say in the start of the program. 

As for Gore to Overton I think they are very similar jobs in a lot of ways. Probably won't happen but I would try.

25 minutes ago, workinprogress said:

Hurricane both are long shots but if you were the principal wouldn't you at least try? Brunetti has done about all that he can at PC. Why not take on a new challenge for a good principal and get a new school to boot. He could have a say in the start of the program. 

As for Gore to Overton I think they are very similar jobs in a lot of ways. Probably won't happen but I would try.

If Brunetti ever leaves PC he'll retire. He's at the point of his coaching career where he don't wanna start from scratch. So Hillwood be wasting their time contacting him.

Got to love Metro. Coaches stealing each other's kids. Coaches in one building coaching at another. Assistants backstabbing coaches, as if that is the real reason for dismissal. Coaches who are let go for just not being very good head coaches and people saying they were let go for reasons other than they are just not very good. Rumors of coaches in Metro being pursued by outlying counties, just not happening. Fact, no coach in Metro can get a job outside and no coach outside will even consider a Metro job.Teams that can only compete well within Metro and once outside tend not to do very well. Schools that have more outside coaches than those that work  in schools.  Schools with openings and can't even get a good coach to even apply and in turn settle. Some schools even on the verge of having so few players that 8 man football is a better option.  Keep it up with your posts, better than the comics. As for me ,I will stay in the county far away

Edited by fb247