Metro Rumors

GoldenTicket10

1 hour ago, fb247 said:

Got to love Metro. Coaches stealing each other's kids. Coaches in one building coaching at another. Assistants backstabbing coaches, as if that is the real reason for dismissal. Coaches who are let go for just not being very good head coaches and people saying they were let go for reasons other than they are just not very good. Rumors of coaches in Metro being pursued by outlying counties, just not happening. Fact, no coach in Metro can get a job outside and no coach outside will even consider a Metro job.Teams that can only compete well within Metro and once outside tend not to do very well. Schools that have more outside coaches than those that work  in schools.  Schools with openings and can't even get a good coach to even apply and in turn settle. Some schools even on the verge of having so few players that 8 man football is a better option.  Keep it up with your posts, better than the comics. As for me ,I will stay in the county far away

Coach Woods at Cane Ridge????

4 hours ago, fb247 said:

Got to love Metro. Coaches stealing each other's kids. Coaches in one building coaching at another. Assistants backstabbing coaches, as if that is the real reason for dismissal. Coaches who are let go for just not being very good head coaches and people saying they were let go for reasons other than they are just not very good. Rumors of coaches in Metro being pursued by outlying counties, just not happening. Fact, no coach in Metro can get a job outside and no coach outside will even consider a Metro job.Teams that can only compete well within Metro and once outside tend not to do very well. Schools that have more outside coaches than those that work  in schools.  Schools with openings and can't even get a good coach to even apply and in turn settle. Some schools even on the verge of having so few players that 8 man football is a better option.  Keep it up with your posts, better than the comics. As for me ,I will stay in the county far away

Yet you cared enough to type all that.  First off racial backlash is the only reason some coaches wouldnt get a job in another county , metro has some good coaches and outsiders would touch a metro job due to the demographics. Metro face a lot more adversity so what you're saying is invalid . Everybody has controversy, siegal loses coaches every year , Blackman back stabs their coach each time they get a new one , Gallatin didn't get who they wanted , Stewart's Creek had internal issues and hired a mediocre coach, so don't act like outsiders are perfect . Metro has had more state appearances in the last 10 years than any other county or close to it . You're just an outsider guy that runs his trap on here constantly about metro for someone who is in the country . If you line your county schools / area schools up against CR PC HB MW EN I guarantee you wouldn't disrespect metro coaching . Woods, Brunetti, Fitzgerald, Broome, Gore, Williams, Waite , are all good metro coaches . There isn't any one you think highly of that come in and do any better than some of these coaches . Metro is dealt a different hand and I commend these guys for what they do. They don't have the luxury of teaching drivers Ed and leadership and relax in the field house til practice , the deal with real kids with alot of real issues every day . So how bout you zip it and move to another page 

Edited by Hurricane717

3 minutes ago, workinprogress said:

A good coach is just that. I could care less of color. I would gladly have my kids play for Gore and I would just as gladly have them play for Mose Phillips. Both good coaches. I could say the same for bad coaches. 

I agree ... Race shouldn't matter if the guy can get the job done. I've been on staffs with a melting pot and they all did darn good 

4 minutes ago, wardog1970 said:

I ain’t gonna watch some metro supporter cry foul because he thinks that it’s racism.  Metro plays their race card way too much.  You don’t see schools in the country starting fights every week like you see in Metro Nashville and Memphis.  Coaches in metro are to blame too because they play the race card with their kids and give them that mindset 

You don't have to watch you can leave or close your eyes. You don't know what goes on in these inner city kids lives. There were several county School fights as well . Heck your on coach t I know you saw the suspensions. Metro just gets the black eye . Once again you are point at the African American communities which is comical . Yes it is wrong and shouldn't happen but when fighting is a survival defense for some kids that's all they know . But you don't have that problem living where you live . You can't judge someone when you're not from their upbringing. You actually sound real racist 

Hey Coach Boone and Coach Yost let it go . Racism exist it does and it will never will end. How you handle it is your own preference. Metro is a rougher situation and they do have some pretty good coaches but let's leave it at that . 

Heard Hillwood is about to hire a good one. 

Any front runners for Overton

• Upvote 1

Smh some of yall comments are so ignorant...When you talking about the counties with the largest aa population in the state and you say that what you did. What do you expect? Facts are facts and some people cant take the truth. Something we can agree on is the race card is played to much. Just like they was pissed in East TN when they hired a black coach in one of those small town and Coacht had to kick somebody off because what he was saying. My problem is if yall hate metro so much then why do yall comment in the metro section.