Metro Rumors

GoldenTicket10

He is the better option in my opinion. Tom Moore is a good coach. You can't go by his record at WC. He was also at BA at one point and did okay. However it is not always about wins and losses. The other horse in the race was a good option for Hillwood and has a better resume because of his time at his current school. I would argue though that he should have done even better than his resume. It's also a win win for metro. You bring in a good coach from the outside and keep the one already there. 

I agree to disagree. Wins and losses are the product of your coaching. It shouldn't all be about wins but a lot. There is no way clear as day that you choose him over the other. Bellevue closed the first time for this same reason if you ask me. Things won't change if you let people from the previous regime have a say so in the hire, of course they would pick the one that was chosen.

Edited by DarkKnight4

I'm not sure color had anything to do with the horse race. The Hillwood principal is very well respected and got the best coach possible. If the other horse had been chosen as expected would it have been a color issue? 

Nope it would have been a good hire and MW would probably be promoting from within. Now metro gets two good head coaches. Why does the sweeper want out of his position so bad. Heard he wanted EN now Hillwood. What's next he going to leave to be an assistant at HL? 

17 minutes ago, workinprogress said:

I'm not sure color had anything to do with the horse race. The Hillwood principal is very well respected and got the best coach possible. If the other horse had been chosen as expected would it have been a color issue? 

Nope it would have been a good hire and MW would probably be promoting from within. Now metro gets two good head coaches. Why does the sweeper want out of his position so bad. Heard he wanted EN now Hillwood. What's next he going to leave to be an assistant at HL? 

There is no way you believe the BS you're saying. Bleacher said the exact truth but you never seem to see that . You claim the better hire was made and there is no way he is a better hire, he knows , we know, you know as well as everyone else know why he was selected . If it was just hillwood the Bellevue community wouldn't have got involved like they haven't recently but now since the school is moving to Bellevue they want a particular look that fits the bill in their community. Some people don't want to admit the truth especially when they benefit from it 

• Like 1

Hurricane has been on a race fight the past couple weeks, but mostly has had a point . Workin I think you're a fair guy but you are blinded or turning the other cheek to these situations. It was good as done and everybody in the city knew it UNTIL WHAT? Heck the principal even wanted AB. I see that and I'm not African American. The best coach didn't get the job, the best coach for their community eyes got the job POINT BLANK

What have I said that is not true. Do you personally know Tom Moore or are you just spouting off. What has the other guy done at MW that Ralph didn't do before him. What has he done that Brunetti couldn't do if he were there. Heck what has he done that Waite couldn't do. 

How did the Bellevue community get involved because I honestly don't know. Is everyone that lives in Bellevue the same? Last time I went to Bellevue middle the kids looked like kids to me but I guess not. 

As far as admitting the truth, sometimes I don't like seeing what I think I see, sometimes I don't like hearing what I think I hear, sometimes I don't like reading what I think I read but I will always admit the truth if it is indeed the truth. Truth is I don't have any idea why Moore was hired but I believe it is the better hire. I don't know why AB was going to be hired but I believe that would have been a good hire too. 

Dark Knight to me the biggest issue in metro right now is race. You have a director that was quoted as saying that metro needed more teachers that looked like the students. You have people being put in positions because of nothing at all that should actually matter. You have principals being told you have to hire this race and I'm not talking about Hillwood either. It's stupid and it's crazy. Hire the best person and leave it at that. Those that believe AB is a better coach cool. Why? I believe TM is a better coach because I know people that have been around him and think very highly of him. I have seen what AB has done at MW and he has done well but I don't honestly think he has done anything that most metro coaches couldn't do. That's just my opinion and it's worth about as much as nothing. Race is not a factor to me. It's the the way I was raised. 

I taught for 12 years in metro and absolutely loved the kids. If not for the adults I would still be there. This right here is the biggest issue in metro. 

• Like 1

What I haven't seen mentioned regarding the rumored Hillwood hire is this.... How does the new hire affect the current coaches on staff and the teaching positions that these coaches hold?  Most metro people understand the extreme difficulty in building a quality coaching staff.  It takes administrative help in which we seldom see in MNPS.  I believe both Broome and Moore are qualified HCs.  I believe the Bellevue community would welcome Broome the same way as they will welcome Moore if in fact he is the hire.  I haven't seen anything official yet.  All of metro has a ways to go to catch up to Cane Ridge....

1 hour ago, workinprogress said:

Dark Knight to me the biggest issue in metro right now is race. You have a director that was quoted as saying that metro needed more teachers that looked like the students. You have people being put in positions because of nothing at all that should actually matter. You have principals being told you have to hire this race and I'm not talking about Hillwood either. It's stupid and it's crazy. Hire the best person and leave it at that. Those that believe AB is a better coach cool. Why? I believe TM is a better coach because I know people that have been around him and think very highly of him. I have seen what AB has done at MW and he has done well but I don't honestly think he has done anything that most metro coaches couldn't do. That's just my opinion and it's worth about as much as nothing. Race is not a factor to me. It's the the way I was raised. 

I taught for 12 years in metro and absolutely loved the kids. If not for the adults I would still be there. This right here is the biggest issue in metro. 

I agree it's been too much race situations in metro. But it really shows people's true colors at the end of the day. Metro is light years behind the boring counties in academics as well as support of athletics. I doubt these issues change at all. I'm going off of resumes and word of mouth as well. I've never worked or coached with either candidate but after hearing it was a done deal and this is who the principal wanted but was nudged to go in a different direction really bothers me. I hate it for the principal cause those are always tough situations. I just looked at WARREN County record  and they have only won 8 or so total games in 4 years . Vs a guy that's been to the 3rd round or more 5x with 2 stage championship appearances which no other metro coach has done other than HB coach. So that is more that Thompson and Brunetti ... Waite doesn't count they struggle in the 2nd , that kind of loss credibility with me when you said that one . Now you switch those records with those two coaches and hired AB with a 8-33 record and all heck would of broke loose and if you roll with the truth then you would agree.