Metro Rumors

GoldenTicket10

2 minutes ago, howdoitknow said:

Didn’t he most recently coach at Cane Ridge?  They’ve won a few games in recent years.  I believe he also coached at Riverdale.  I’m sure he will get some kids walking the halls excited about playing football and they’ll at least be functional.  

Freshmen coach and middle school coach prior. Recruiter does sound like something he would have knowledge of how to do

• Like 1

On 1/4/2019 at 9:18 AM, hardtackle said:

Freshmen coach and middle school coach prior. Recruiter does sound like something he would have knowledge of how to do

Every time I get on here It seems that you always say someone is recruiting. You must be a female because you stay in your feelings or your program is not good. If the program would just win and not worry about whose recruiting you would be ok. You win kids will stay in their zones and attend that program if not they will leave. “Just Win” 

• Like 1

You shouldn't have to move for them to attend another school. I have no dog in the fight but of my kids were still in high school and I lived by Hunters Lane or WC there is no way I would send them there. If it's better for my child I would send them wherever need be. No one gripes about privates doing it even the great Rutherford county. Nobody talked down on Creasy and how he got numberous highly recruited transfers as well as overrated Blackman... Those guys are JUST GREAT COACHES . Where was all the " cheating and recruiting " backlash at then . Who couldn't coach coach Oakland and Blackman and be that dominant . It's just frowned upon when it happens in metro.

Hurricane I can tell you that we will have to agree to disagree. Personally I will not live anywhere that is in a bad school zone. If I can't send my kids to the school and I can't live there either. Also, kids want to go to winning programs. That is how Oakland gets transfers. Kids come to them and actually move into the zone. Creasy is not out there recruiting kids. Look at what he did at TC. Can you imagine trying to get a kid to move to that school zone that wasn't already there. It would be a tough sell. Creasy is a good coach. As for Blackman, I think Kit is a good coach and will do well. I also dont think he is recruiting anyone. Kids just want to go to school there. I guess I am just old school or ethical in that I think everyone should follow the rules.

Lol kids just want to go there just like they want to go to Pearl , Maplewood, Hillsboro and East . They just want to attend these schools as well. Blackman RB didn't move but he was recruited by Blackman coach to come there ... And renting an apartment in Murfreesboro for the time being isn't ethical . If it was vice versa of who the coaches were all heck would break loose

• Upvote 2

I am not aware of the details behind Blackman rb. If he rented an apartment everyone in his household would have to have moved as well. And who is the coach from Blackman than talked to him first? As for kids wanting to go to certain metro schools you are right they do. And there is nothing wrong with that. But my biggest issue has always been who initially makes contact and how does that conversation go. Again I think we will just have to disagree on this.