Metro Rumors

GoldenTicket10

On 1/19/2019 at 7:29 PM, wardog1970 said:

Gangs drugs and violence is part of metro schools and most of the coaches feed the kids into that mess and that’s why there’s all of the fighting and on the field antics before and after games.  Referees are scared to death to do anything about it when they go there to do games because they don’t want to become victims.  Memphis is the same way only worse.  

Its apart of alot of schools period. It's just what folks choose to advertise and see. Not going to get into the race thing but one could take it that way since metro and shelby county schools are predominantly black. Me probably being younger then you my outlook is totally different. I grew up in Nashville and went to metro schools. I also had the chance to stay in clarksville and going to school up there for a few years. When I say it was NO Difference. The only major thing was for the first time in my life I was 1 out of 8 black kids during 6-7th grade. Growing up and going threw the made me the man I am today and I have a totally different outlook on life now. Referees being scared I dont believe that.

On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 2:39 PM, bleacher said:

He should return to Overton and save that sinking ship.

Bleacher, you are obviously an old school Metro guy like myself. However, you have no clue about what Overton is like  now. The "tea sippers" are long gone. The clientele simply isn't there anymore.

Now I know you want to spout off that the talent is "still there walking the halls" etc. but I actually worked there and it is not. I had a copy of my class rolls from there out the other day. Mohamud, Mostafa, Felipe, Sayed, Isriel, Miguel, Belen.  Those are the first 7 boy names in one class. You are living in the  80's if you think that is 6A football material.

Steve did all he could there. The talent isn't flowing like it was when we were growing up. Overton will not be the respectable program it once was, especially as long as it has coaches on the staff backstabbing the head coach for his job. Antioch search is taking too long which forces me  think they will have to settle for someone that don't want.

4 hours ago, bigchief said:

Bleacher, you are obviously an old school Metro guy like myself. However, you have no clue about what Overton is like  now. The "tea sippers" are long gone. The clientele simply isn't there anymore.

Now I know you want to spout off that the talent is "still there walking the halls" etc. but I actually worked there and it is not. I had a copy of my class rolls from there out the other day. Mohamud, Mostafa, Felipe, Sayed, Isriel, Miguel, Belen.  Those are the first 7 boy names in one class. You are living in the  80's if you think that is 6A football material.

Overton has a high percentage of students who are immigrants. This is not new. TA dealt with this for years. The Overton zone is still loaded with talented football players.  That zone feeds BA, FRA, Ryan, and others.  What is needed is a coach that gives families .a reason to send their sons there. Many of those same families had that faith in TA. His reputation was a great recruiter in that community.

2 hours ago, Falcons22345 said:

Have they offered anyone at Antioch?  Are they getting turned down left and right?  What's the issue there?  Hillwood has to be close to making a decision.  Who takes over at Overton?

Anyone know the finalists for the Hillwood position?  The new Principal at Hillwood appears to be care more about the school than his predecessor from my point of view.