Metro Rumors

GoldenTicket10

2 hours ago, Hurricane717 said:

How so? He has went to the state, semis twice and the quarters 3x in his career. If that’s not good enough for Gallatin then suit yourself . I wonder why it would be a fail? Hmmm... I can name name a few metro coaches that can turn that program around but you will say it’s a fail for other reasons 

Not a good fit in my opinion.  His record is not that glamorous to me and I take into account the competition.  

1 hour ago, DarkKnight4 said:

I guess you fellas are stating Metro coaches cant get the job done? Well lets look at facts, Beech and H'Ville were the only successful program to reach the state from sumner in the last 10 years or so granted some of their best players were Metro kids thanks to the decline of HL. Oakland is the only program Rutherford county in the last 10 years to see a state, not Blackman, Smyrna Siegal , Riverdale. Mt Juliet competes every year but haven't seen a state appearance in a while, BUT IN METRO Pearl, Maplewood, Cane Ride and Hillsboro all have touched a state championship game but you guys continue to look down at metro coaches and they have accomplished more than these other coaches you thinks so highly of. Don't look down on metro coaching they've accomplished more  in some aspects

Just looking at overall record and who they play regularly.  I also don’t think that way about all metro coaches.  But you have to agree that Gallatin has been down and there record against metros is pretty good just saying.  Last two years 8-0 with wins against Hillsboro.  Wins/losses are not the entire issue in Gallatin.  

7 hours ago, DarkKnight4 said:

I guess you fellas are stating Metro coaches cant get the job done? Well lets look at facts, Beech and H'Ville were the only successful program to reach the state from sumner in the last 10 years or so granted some of their best players were Metro kids thanks to the decline of HL. Oakland is the only program Rutherford county in the last 10 years to see a state, not Blackman, Smyrna Siegal , Riverdale. Mt Juliet competes every year but haven't seen a state appearance in a while, BUT IN METRO Pearl, Maplewood, Cane Ride and Hillsboro all have touched a state championship game but you guys continue to look down at metro coaches and they have accomplished more than these other coaches you thinks so highly of. Don't look down on metro coaching they've accomplished more  in some aspects

Let's not forget about the metro kids who STAY IN NASHVILLE but end up going to schools in Rutherford & Sumner County.

On 12/1/2018 at 9:37 AM, DarkKnight4 said:

It is more about the Johnny and Joe's than Xs and Os. When those teams face a team of equal or somewhat equal talent that has quality coaching they lose.

20 hours ago, District12AA said:

It is more about the Johnny and Joe's than Xs and Os. When those teams face a team of equal or somewhat equal talent that has quality coaching they lose.

As does the county schools as well. So what point are you proving. Everyone raves about Blackman and their staff and all these county school coaches but they've only made the semis once I believe so once again Metro coaches accomplish a lot more . Outside of Oakland, Indy, Ravenwood, Beech these so called highly thought of schools are not accomplishing much more than Metro schools

• Like 2