• Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Maroon
  • Orange
  • Gold
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

GoldenTicket8910

Metro Rumors

1 hour ago, TheSpoon said:

That's the question. In order for Antioch to be successful its going to take more than just a head coach. I believe the majority of the assistants at Antioch were non faculty. It will interesting to see if the principal allows the new coach to bring in at least two or three assistants he would want. 

Non faculty staff doesn't help build the appropriate culture needed if they are not in the building. Antioch has to make room for whoever gets the job to bring in their own coaches  if they want to see change. Maybe they should remove the 5 or 6 that have been there that coach at other schools. That's spots possible for their new staff. Good Luck Bears

22 minutes ago, Hurricane717 said:

Non faculty staff doesn't help build the appropriate culture needed if they are not in the building. Antioch has to make room for whoever gets the job to bring in their own coaches  if they want to see change. Maybe they should remove the 5 or 6 that have been there that coach at other schools. That's spots possible for their new staff. Good Luck Bears

I do not think anyone that teaches in one  football school should be allowed to coach in another football school

Its been done for years but I don't agree with it but the thing is you cant force a tenured teacher out over coaching which will be the case at Antioch I believe. I believed its been said that they have 4-5 that work there and coach else where.

Antioch will get a good coach. Interviews soon. No one from PC applied. The head Eagle did not apply. Would not have mattered even if he did as the bears have no interest. 

7 minutes ago, workinprogress said:

Metro should have an understood rule that if you teach at one high school you cannot coach at another. Conflict of interest. 

That means Metro would have to have an Athletic Director that cared to make tough decisions, so until then this is what metro will be 

• Like 1