Metro Rumors

GoldenTicket10

Dark night I agree with everything you just wrote. And I'll add that I think it was a done deal until the other horse put in for it or someone nudged principal. Also what was sweepers record at McGavock? If it was similar to MW then I'll give it to you. Also whose record was better AB or RT? I think AB is a good coach but not any better than several others. Say what you want about Waite. Head to head EN beat MW.

Wardog it's obvious you're just here to troll and say racist remarks as well. This chat is full of grown men debating with no hard feelings. But you come in and belittle everything and everyone , so please just stop it would you. Either you have multiple accounts holder or someone that wants attention. Cut out the trash talking about kids especially if you don't want anyone to so call bash Raymond.

Last thing, I know a long time ago the director of schools chose the head football coach. Then later committees started choosing head coaches. And up until recently the principal chose head coaches. At what point did the principals start listening to others that have very little knowledge of the school itself to make these decisions. The principal runs the school. He or she is in charge of everything in the building from the students, teachers, etc. Why would the principal cave in and make a choice he or she did not want to make. I'm honestly curious of the logic behind some of these moves. 

I hear Antioch is interviewing more candidates this week. Heard a couple good names involved. I think one good possibility is interviewing tomorrow. Hopefully Antioch hires a good one. 

Will there be any more openings? So far the list is Stratford, Hillwood, Antioch, Overton, and HL. I have heard there could be two more soon. Anyone else hear anything.

17 minutes ago, workinprogress said:

Last thing, I know a long time ago the director of schools chose the head football coach. Then later committees started choosing head coaches. And up until recently the principal chose head coaches. At what point did the principals start listening to others that have very little knowledge of the school itself to make these decisions. The principal runs the school. He or she is in charge of everything in the building from the students, teachers, etc. Why would the principal cave in and make a choice he or she did not want to make. I'm honestly curious of the logic behind some of these moves. 

I hear Antioch is interviewing more candidates this week. Heard a couple good names involved. I think one good possibility is interviewing tomorrow. Hopefully Antioch hires a good one. 

Will there be any more openings? So far the list is Stratford, Hillwood, Antioch, Overton, and HL. I have heard there could be two more soon. Anyone else hear anything.

I will guess and say McGavock and Glencliff are the possibilities.  

4 hours ago, DarkKnight4 said:

I agree it's been too much race situations in metro. But it really shows people's true colors at the end of the day. Metro is light years behind the boring counties in academics as well as support of athletics. I doubt these issues change at all. I'm going off of resumes and word of mouth as well. I've never worked or coached with either candidate but after hearing it was a done deal and this is who the principal wanted but was nudged to go in a different direction really bothers me. I hate it for the principal cause those are always tough situations. I just looked at WARREN County record  and they have only won 8 or so total games in 4 years . Vs a guy that's been to the 3rd round or more 5x with 2 stage championship appearances which no other metro coach has done other than HB coach. So that is more that Thompson and Brunetti ... Waite doesn't count they struggle in the 2nd , that kind of loss credibility with me when you said that one . Now you switch those records with those two coaches and hired AB with a 8-33 record and all heck would of broke loose and if you roll with the truth then you would agree. 

One of them championship appearances belong to Ralph Thompson. Unless he went at McGavock he just has one appearance.

Work just know it happened. New school community involvement is needed.

Waite beating him head up means nothing . They honestly should they have, they have best athletes but AB also has beaten Ingle Martin, Hester, Brunetti, Williams, Gore etc. And to top off the line of what's his mcgavock record . It's just like Gores sub par or right at it. so it's not a walk in the park there . 

FB Ralph went and when AB took over he went and also went to semis then back again.  Also Work We can't say what anyone else would do at Maplewood cause we don't know when the 2 3A coaches u mentioned haven't done it  ,  FB you can't give credit to a guy that isn't coaching there no more so save the that's his team line cause their state run was 2 yrs after RT was gone . If that's the case all the success PC has had goes to MF since he fed all his SC kids to PC. 

Did a little research and asking around on some of this stuff. Facts are facts . Now back to work I go 

6 hours ago, DarkKnight4 said:

Work just know it happened. New school community involvement is needed.

Waite beating him head up means nothing . They honestly should they have, they have best athletes but AB also has beaten Ingle Martin, Hester, Brunetti, Williams, Gore etc. And to top off the line of what's his mcgavock record . It's just like Gores sub par or right at it. so it's not a walk in the park there . 

FB Ralph went and when AB took over he went and also went to semis then back again.  Also Work We can't say what anyone else would do at Maplewood cause we don't know when the 2 3A coaches u mentioned haven't done it  ,  FB you can't give credit to a guy that isn't coaching there no more so save the that's his team line cause their state run was 2 yrs after RT was gone . If that's the case all the success PC has had goes to MF since he fed all his SC kids to PC. 

Did a little research and asking around on some of this stuff. Facts are facts . Now back to work I go 

Maybe I read your post wrong, but if you said AB has 2 state championship appearances you are wrong. He only has one,  Ralph has the other. Maplewood only went twice...lol

Edited by FIREBIRD80

14 hours ago, DarkKnight4 said:

I just looked at WARREN County record  and they have only won 8 or so total games in 4 years . Vs a guy that's been to the 3rd round or more 5x with 2 stage championship appearances which no other metro coach has done other than HB coach. So that is more that Thompson and Brunetti 

Just trying to figure out what AB has done that Brunetti hasn't which you stated. Brunetti has reached the semi-finals 6×, plus a championship appearance. Not included all the other playoffs season with second and quarter finals appearances.