Metro Rumors

GoldenTicket10

1 hour ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

So she hires a friend of a friend who has never even been a coordinator? Like I said previously, she has no clue. Overton is a sinking ship. Ask Hunters Lane what bad leadership can do to an athletic program.

Clemson's coach was never a coordinator. 

On 3/1/2019 at 11:52 AM, howdoitknow said:

What Marshall County coach?  I wasn’t aware that Marshall County was busted by the TSSAA for breaking the rules.  The whole race card thing wasn’t an issue until the previous poster made it sound like all white coaches are proclaimed as great and all others are proclaimed as either cheaters or products of great talent.  That complaint is total garbage.  

Might be thinking Giles County. Don't forget Mac McCurry either. To say there isn't such a thing as white privilege would be naive, but things are much better now then they were even 10 years ago. A day will come when its about job performance and nothing else. I think you'd agree its still easier for some people to get second chances then others, but the beauty of athletics is at the end of the day the color of the jersey is all that matters when it comes to the players.

8 hours ago, PaPaLegba said:

Might be thinking Giles County. Don't forget Mac McCurry either. To say there isn't such a thing as white privilege would be naive, but things are much better now then they were even 10 years ago. A day will come when its about job performance and nothing else. I think you'd agree its still easier for some people to get second chances then others, but the beauty of athletics is at the end of the day the color of the jersey is all that matters when it comes to the players.

It’s easier for some to get chances and it’s easier where those chances are given based on the area.  Look at MNPS for instance and look at the current ratio of head football coaches.  That’s not accidental or coincidental.  I can tell you from experience that there are some “leaders” in Metro schools that believe it’s much easier for some to relate to the students as oppose to others.  I have been told this same thing by other highly qualified coaches/educators who applied for jobs there and were passed on because of the same reason.