District 5aa

BallGenius

7 minutes ago, BallGenius said:

I traveled over to meigs to watch (never remember to post during game). Sweetwaters trio was just to much for Baker to overcome. He fights like no other in the district. Plus didn’t help tht the post was in major foul trouble

Yes first half was good, Meigs is just not very deep. Sweetwater took over in the 3rd quarter.

35 minutes ago, BallGenius said:

I traveled over to meigs to watch (never remember to post during game). Sweetwaters trio was just to much for Baker to overcome. He fights like no other in the district. Plus didn’t help tht the post was in major foul trouble

He is a heck of a player. He had Kile, Billingsley, Long, and Oggs all taking turns guarding him, so he had fresh legs guarding him almost the whole time. Still finished with 27 pts. 

Congratulations SW. Great team. Great program. 

37 minutes ago, MarsBlackmon said:

He is a heck of a player. He had Kile, Billingsley, Long, and Oggs all taking turns guarding him, so he had fresh legs guarding him almost the whole time. Still finished with 27 pts. 

Congratulations SW. Great team. Great program. 

Watched him play prob three times this year. Would be district mvp no doubt but meigs record prob isn’t good enuf, so idk if he will get it

1 hour ago, TynerRamFan said:

Since we are half way through the season, what four(4) teams are predicted to survive the 5-AA tournament?? Loudon seems to be the #1 seed at this point in time!

Loudon and Sweetwater are the favorites and can go either way.  Don't be suprised if a Meigs team can sneak up and upset one of these teams.  After that it is a toss up.  Each team after that can defeat each other on any given night.  Meigs is in that group that it can go either way.  I'll say Sweetwater or Loudon #1 and #2 then flip a coin.

1 hour ago, logcabinman said:

Loudon and Sweetwater are the favorites and can go either way.  Don't be suprised if a Meigs team can sneak up and upset one of these teams.  After that it is a toss up.  Each team after that can defeat each other on any given night.  Meigs is in that group that it can go either way.  I'll say Sweetwater or Loudon #1 and #2 then flip a coin.

Sounds like a good second half of the season is forthcoming. As with all districts, in the regular season you are only playing for the seedings. After that nothing is guaranteed! I assume Region 3-AA will be at McMinn County. As of this past weekend it wasn't posted on TSSAA.

40 minutes ago, TynerRamFan said:

Sounds like a good second half of the season is forthcoming. As with all districts, in the regular season you are only playing for the seedings. After that nothing is guaranteed! I assume Region 3-AA will be at McMinn County. As of this past weekend it wasn't posted on TSSAA.

Good assumption, and also a good venue to accommodate everyone.  It looks like your region is pretty strong this year???

1 hour ago, logcabinman said:

Good assumption, and also a good venue to accommodate everyone.  It looks like your region is pretty strong this year???

I think it's more parity this year in 6-AA than it has been in the past. Five out of 8 teams could win district tournament. Howard has been the biggest surprise this year. East Ridge has more seniors(7/8) than any team and that is always a plus! Brainerd may not be as good as last year but still athletic as usual! Red Bank just finished beating Brainerd for the 2nd time last week. Tyner is the deepest team even though the majority of the team are sophomores and juniors. Like I said before it will depend on which team will be peaking in about a month!!

1 hour ago, TynerRamFan said:

I think it's more parity this year in 6-AA than it has been in the past. Five out of 8 teams could win district tournament. Howard has been the biggest surprise this year. East Ridge has more seniors(7/8) than any team and that is always a plus! Brainerd may not be as good as last year but still athletic as usual! Red Bank just finished beating Brainerd for the 2nd time last week. Tyner is the deepest team even though the majority of the team are sophomores and juniors. Like I said before it will depend on which team will be peaking in about a month!!

Keep us posted pls on how district 6 continues to play out. 

My opinion on 5 come tournament time:

1. Sweetwater. Oggs is best pure athlete in district and the other two good players didnt show up against Loudon

2. Loudon. #5 is most underrated player in the district and small (#20) is great player as well. Graves is the best coach in the district

3. Meigs. Watched them couple times this yr. Baker is best pure ball player in district. Stat stuffer (not just talking abt pts). Post needs to stay out of foul trouble. 

4. Polk. Burrows is great scorer an their D is better than it looks

5. Central. Very big and long. Some the bigs aren’t very athletic tho

6. Seq. Can score but NO defense

just my opinion