District 5aa

BallGenius

9 hours ago, Charger64 said:

This District is wide open. Central pulls away in the 4th quarter tonight. Thought Loudon shot terrible and got out rebounded by the Chargers. The tournament going to be very interesting. 

Anything can happen especially on a neutral court when the district starts next month. Congrats to Central!! The loss for Loudon should make them better at this point in time. 

On 1/18/2019 at 10:17 PM, Charger64 said:

This District is wide open. Central pulls away in the 4th quarter tonight. Thought Loudon shot terrible and got out rebounded by the Chargers. The tournament going to be very interesting. 

Yeah I’ll be honest I have no idea what to think of the district right now...

On 1/18/2019 at 10:17 PM, Charger64 said:

Armstrong did a wonderful job of planning for this game.  Loudon, in my opinion,  does not have a exceptional  consistent shooter, they have scorers.  I am not saying they don't have kids that can knock it down from time to time, but I see it as their weakness.  Armstrong exploited this and it paid off.  He forced them to beat him from the perimeter and the boys did a great job of rebounding.  Loudon loves taking it to the rim and that was taken away for the most part.  I felt also that the kids played hard defensively this game along with a good shooting game, which Central has the potential to do.  Like I said, I still believe overall Loudon and Sweetwater are the favorites, but as seen, this district can end in many different ways.

2 hours ago, logcabinman said:

Armstrong did a wonderful job of planning for this game.  Loudon, in my opinion,  does not have a exceptional  consistent shooter, they have scorers.  I am not saying they don't have kids that can knock it down from time to time, but I see it as their weakness.  Armstrong exploited this and it paid off.  He forced them to beat him from the perimeter and the boys did a great job of rebounding.  Loudon loves taking it to the rim and that was taken away for the most part.  I felt also that the kids played hard defensively this game along with a good shooting game, which Central has the potential to do.  Like I said, I still believe overall Loudon and Sweetwater are the favorites, but as seen, this district can end in many different ways.

who does central have tomorrow night logcabinman? their win over loudon is very impressive

On 1/25/2019 at 10:25 PM, BallGenius said:

Sweetwater over loudon. Oggs is a beast. Meigs over seq. I’m sure baker played well. Central over polk. Big win for the chargers 

Polk lead whole game, for some reason they kept taking bad shots, not utilizing the clock in the fourth.  Chargers can shoot well enough at times to make a team pay for it.

Baker had 25 pts, 10 rbs, and 8 assists against Sequoyah. 

Last night against Kingston he had 37 pts, 11 rbs, and 9 assists. 

Newman had 22 pts and 13 rbs against Kingston. 

We are playing alright as team right now and getting some good minutes out of some freshman (Huckabey and Owens). Just hope we can be consistent over the next couple of weeks. If we come ready to play against Central on Friday, it will be a good game.