District 5aa

BallGenius

16 hours ago, TynerRamFan said:

I started following Chattanooga basketball when I moved here in 1985. Brainerd had just won the state (1984). Kirkman, City, Howard were tough. Tyner was runner-up at state in 1990. Between 1991-1995, it was McCallie, Notre Dame and all of the schools mentioned above. 

Was Tyner AAA that year.  89-90 season we beat Howard to win the region.  We beat Livingston Academy to advance to the state tournament.  We beat Fulton 1st round, and was put out by Brentwood Academy in the semis by 2.  I was pretty sure Howard went to the Boro as well that year.

4 hours ago, logcabinman said:

Was Tyner AAA that year.  89-90 season we beat Howard to win the region.  We beat Livingston Academy to advance to the state tournament.  We beat Fulton 1st round, and was put out by Brentwood Academy in the semis by 2.  I was pretty sure Howard went to the Boro as well that year.

Yes Tyner was AAA that year. Beat Lincoln Co in the semi and lost to Science Hill in the Final !! Not sure about Howard. They were consistently good with Coach Bowles(RIP).