District 5aa

BallGenius

2 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

Tyner vs Howard. Tyner 

Sweetwater vs Brainerd. This one is hard to pick. I think Brainerd wins. They have a good press, I think that will be the difference.

Playing Howard for the 4th time this season will be a challenge especially in a win or go home game! "Rams" need to take it to the next level and don't look back! Four(4) of the players were at this stage last year and know what it takes to win. You know who you are so:

GO RAMS!!!

7 minutes ago, Dadof2 said:

That sounded like a great game.

Had a shot with ten seconds left to take the lead. Great game. If the refs let brainerd play like that the rest the way then they will be tough to beat. Not saying that's what cost us because they called it the same for both teams. But Brainerd does a lot more grabbing and playing defense with there hands instead of there feet

9 hours ago, TynerRamFan said:

Tyner had a great run this year. Congrats to Howard and Brainerd. Good Luck in the substate and may the best team win Thursday!!

This went down pretty much the way I thought.  I felt that this year Sweetwater might be the only team that could compete with Chattanooga Region.  Although Loudon played hard and the coach got the best out of them, I knew they were not a top 10 team in the state.  If teams from 5-AA want to start competing with Chattanooga, they need to put em on the schedule.  In the late 80's and early 90's Howard was the team to beat, back then Brainard was AAA.  We played Howard at home and away both my junior and senior seasons.  We split both years with both of us winning our home matchups.  My junior year we beat them in Region Championship and Senior year lost to them by 2 in Region semi's.  I would schedule at least 2 teams from Chattanooga Region every year.  Style is different, and what a great atmosphere.  I loved going to Howard and playing back in the day.

4 hours ago, logcabinman said:

This went down pretty much the way I thought.  I felt that this year Sweetwater might be the only team that could compete with Chattanooga Region.  Although Loudon played hard and the coach got the best out of them, I knew they were not a top 10 team in the state.  If teams from 5-AA want to start competing with Chattanooga, they need to put em on the schedule.  In the late 80's and early 90's Howard was the team to beat, back then Brainard was AAA.  We played Howard at home and away both my junior and senior seasons.  We split both years with both of us winning our home matchups.  My junior year we beat them in Region Championship and Senior year lost to them by 2 in Region semi's.  I would schedule at least 2 teams from Chattanooga Region every year.  Style is different, and what a great atmosphere.  I loved going to Howard and playing back in the day.

I agree, 6AA vs 5AA need to play more during the regular season. Last year and previously, E.Ridge and Sweetwater played against each other on a regular basis. Maybe the folks in charge of the Best of Preps and/or Henry Bowles tournament will invite 5AA teams to participate. The Meigs Co girls won the BOP in December. A home and home game can surely be possible!!

Just now, TynerRamFan said:

I agree, 6AA vs 5AA need to play more during the regular season. Last year and previously, E.Ridge and Sweetwater played against each other on a regular basis. Maybe the folks in charge of the Best of Preps and/or Henry Bowles tournament will invite 5AA teams to participate. The Meigs Co girls won the BOP in December. A home and home game can surely be possible!!

Back in the day it was Howard, City, Kirkman, Notre Dame......., could you help me with the rest?