Greeneville Football 2019

SwapNShop

15 hours ago, HTV said:

Powell brings back a large majority of it's starters/significant contributors.  They do lose a couple of quality linemen, but will be a veteran team, especially at QB, RB, and WR.  The Panthers should be a legit contender in region 3-5A and one of the better 5A teams in the Knoxville area next fall.  Matt Lowe has done a really good job in getting Powell back to respectablity in a short period of time.  

And interesting side note is that the game will be the homecoming for Greeneville DC Eddie Spradlen.  Eddie was an all region player at Powell under former coach Clark Duncan, who is now the head coach at South-Doyle.  It will be great to have Eddie back on Hayworth Field again.  

Did Powell lose over 20 seniors? I guess a lot of them didn't start.

So if the conference game's rotate home field. And we go to science hill and Morristown West like we are supposed to. We will have road game's at Powell, science hill, Morristown West, Sullivan east, Sullivan central, Elizabethton, then home games with Sullivan south, Grainger,Union county. That means who ever our other non region Game is would have to be a home game just to get to have 4 home game's and 6 road game's Dang that might be the worst home schedule in the history of the school

12 hours ago, Greendevil87 said:

So if the conference game's rotate home field. And we go to science hill and Morristown West like we are supposed to. We will have road game's at Powell, science hill, Morristown West, Sullivan east, Sullivan central, Elizabethton, then home games with Sullivan south, Grainger,Union county. That means who ever our other non region Game is would have to be a home game just to get to have 4 home game's and 6 road game's Dang that might be the worst home schedule in the history of the school

Yes, this sounds terrible!!!!

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, greendevils11 said:

I'm hearing from someone that is part of the staff at greeneville that coach Ballard plans to step down as head coach very soon.. anyone else hearing this??

Would love to see Coach Dan Hammonds as the new head coach for the Greene Devils. Great leader and motivator who has been around the program 10+ years coaching multiple positions, including Defensive Coordinator for the 2010/2011 state championship teams. I think the new hire should definitely come from someone on the current staff that knows exactly how the program has been and should be ran. And I feel Coach Hammonds is the most qualified of everyone on the staff now. 

1 hour ago, greendevils11 said:

I'm hearing from someone that is part of the staff at greeneville that coach Ballard plans to step down as head coach very soon.. anyone else hearing this??

I haven't heard anything about it.  If he does I see either someone on staff getting promoted to Head Coach or maybe going after Cody Baugh at Cherokee since he was the OC and QB coach at Greeneville under Ballard before taking the HC job at Cherokee.  Great Offensive mind to go with Spadlen's D.  I do know the Greene Devils have been back in the weight room hitting it hard again since Jan 7th.

2 minutes ago, WoodlawnFalcons said:

Would love to see Coach Dan Hammonds as the new head coach for the Greene Devils. Great leader and motivator who has been around the program 10+ years coaching multiple positions, including Defensive Coordinator for the 2010/2011 state championship teams. I think the new hire should definitely come from someone on the current staff that knows exactly how the program has been and should be ran. And I feel Coach Hammonds is the most qualified of everyone on the staff now. 

Dan is a Great man and a great football coach.  I played underneath him at LB when he first came to Greeneville.  Dan, Eddie, or Coach Bentley would all be great hires if Ballard were to step down.  I think the Dark Horse would be Cody Baugh since he also know the system and the 2nd best QB Greeneville has ever had numbers wise and is a great offensive mind when it comes to getting the ball in playmakers hands.

2 hours ago, greendevils11 said:

I see Ballard stepping away for 4-5 years until his son's eligibility is up at West Point, then returning to Greeneville Football until retirement.  Whoever takes over at GHS will understand that they are keeping the bed warm until Ballard takes back over.  Ballard will still hang around the program and offer advice when prodded.  I have no basis to my thoughts, but I have a gut feeling.................