Greeneville Football 2019

SwapNShop

9 minutes ago, Green2green said:

You really need to take the blinders off and stop looking at strictly a record, cause from what I can tell you’ve followed Cherokee somewhat and if you have you would know that their starting quarterback went down before the season and since it’s high school football we all know losing your quarterback can be crippling.

The main reason I think losing their quarterback hurt them real bad was cause I remember them scrimmaging Halls during the preseason and they beat Halls abysmally on both offense and defense  

Agreeing with Green2green, not only did they look good in spring ball, you have to look at the talent level overall. There were 2, maybe 3 players on Class 5 Cherokee that would have started at Greeneville. Definitely no more that that. As for their schedule being down, at one time, 3 of the teams in their conference were ranked in the top 10 of the state. 

6 minutes ago, GreeneToTheVille said:

Agreeing with Green2green, not only did they look good in spring ball, you have to look at the talent level overall. There were 2, maybe 3 players on Class 5 Cherokee that would have started at Greeneville. Definitely no more that that. As for their schedule being down, at one time, 3 of the teams in their conference were ranked in the top 10 of the state. 

Thanks for the agreement, and I’m not trying to defend his record cause I’m sure even coach Baugh would have liked to have a better record but it’s like quarterback win/loss records you have to take all things into account, but if you look at Cherokees loss margins I’d say the average is 7 points or less which shows me his teams wasn’t soft and would fight till the end just luck didn’t fall their way. 

11 hours ago, DevilMan03 said:

Spradlin is going to be the new Coach. Which is going to awesome! These kids will not miss a beat with him as the coach. He will be harder on them then Ballard ever was imo. My moneys on Him and I’m hearing it’s a done deal. 

Odd they didn’t interview anyone and still have the job posted, but good for spradlin. 

When should we expect the announcement?

5 hours ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

Good luck to Coach Spradlin. Always tough to follow a legend.

Coaches have a saying:

"Don't be the guy who follows the legend.  Be the guy who follows the guy who follows the legend."

He's got a tough act to follow, but Greeneville should be in good hands.  This is exactly the kind of move I called them making.  They should just keep running right along without missing a beat.

Home games are Sullivan south, Grainger, Austin East and Union county that's it. I posted this could happen on here over a month ago. Didn't know we would not be playing Morristown West at the time. I guess we should thank Daniel Boone for being willing to play. We will have a chance to up the number of home games through the playoffs. But just 4 in the regular season WoW. Once again I personally just wanted to thank the team's that were willing to play. I think we now see what Maryville and Alcoa and other team's have had to deal with over the year's. Not easy putting a schedule together that's for sure

On 1/25/2019 at 1:33 PM, DevilMan03 said:

Can’t believe Dobynns Bennett & Mo West dropped us. We play @ Powell @daniel Boone @science hill and Austin east at home. 

6 road 4 home. Sucks this happened 

But the upside is that in 2020 you'll have 6 home games and only 4 on the road.  

• Like 1