Greeneville Football 2019

SwapNShop

3 minutes ago, Swipes said:

Don't know about the rest of your statement but your not correct about them starting at the same time.  Hammonds started coaching at Greeneville on 05 and Spradlen started in 07 as the DB's Coach

You’re right Baugh and spradlin started coaching at the same time, thank you for the correction on that 

2 minutes ago, greene4747 said:

Lawdy Lawdy .... Just cause your “guy” didn’t get it let’s stay calm (lol). Go Devils!

You’re right, just think this hire shows the administration doesn’t care about their for head coach and current coaching staffs opinion on the hire but you’re right the sun will still rise in the morning 

13 hours ago, Green2green said:

You’re right, just think this hire shows the administration doesn’t care about their for head coach and current coaching staffs opinion on the hire but you’re right the sun will still rise in the morning 

You do realize Ballard is still Assistant AD and involved in this process.  I would think he knows the current coaching staff's opinions better than anyone here.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, gvegas said:

You do realize Ballard is still Assistant AD and involved in this process.  I would think he knows the current coaching staff's opinions better than anyone here.

Well I know the exact 7 people that was on the hiring committee and Ballard wasn’t one of them but the good news is it took 2 years to get the right hire the last time a long time head coach stepped down 

16 minutes ago, Green2green said:

Well I know the exact 7 people that was on the hiring committee and Ballard wasn’t one of them but the good news is it took 2 years to get the right hire the last time a long time head coach stepped down 

I don't  get the last part of your post?  It took 2 years to get the right hire the last time a long time coach stepped down?  Sorrell's was the last long time coach that stepped down......

Edited by Swipes

9 minutes ago, Swipes said:

I don't  get the last part of your post?  It took 2 years to get the right hire the last time a long time coach stepped down?  Sorrell's was the last long time coach that stepped down......

Mike Zeller was there for 8 years and I was counting that as long term but you’re right definitely not as long as Sorrells 

29 minutes ago, Green2green said:

I don't think my post said he was on the committee but if you don't think he was consulted on this then you know less about the program than you let on.  This sounds personal to me.  I personally think this is a great hire.

2 minutes ago, Green2green said:

Mike Zeller was there for 8 years and I was counting that as long term but you’re right definitely not as long as Sorrells 

Mike didn't step down he was fired after going 4-6 in 06 and missing the play-offs.  Greeneville didn't go wrong with Hiring McCurry and a reason the Culture changed.  I was there during the transitions and the weight room was redone under McCurry, Devil Camp was started under McCurry, Football Period was started under McCurry.  If you believe that Greeneville wouldn't have made some championship runs under him you are not that close to the program.  McCurry ran the D and Ballard ran the O.

35 minutes ago, Swipes said:

Mike didn't step down he was fired after going 4-6 in 06 and missing the play-offs.  Greeneville didn't go wrong with Hiring McCurry and a reason the Culture changed.  I was there during the transitions and the weight room was redone under McCurry, Devil Camp was started under McCurry, Football Period was started under McCurry.  If you believe that Greeneville wouldn't have made some championship runs under him you are not that close to the program.  McCurry ran the D and Ballard ran the O.

I’m not saying that at all, and I didn’t say zeller stepped down atleast I don’t think I did and if I did I apologize

And I was there as well during the transition but I was only there for one year of the transition 

Edited by Green2green