The Streak is Over!!!!

CU06

On 11/30/2018 at 11:44 AM, Lost Old Dad said:

Yes, but look at the total when it only went to 5A and see what you get.  Only Blount County has more total Gold Balls and that's counting Alcoa's and Maryville's in other than 6A.

While Blount County only has two schools with Championships, Rutherford County has THREE schools in 5A alone.

Blount County won a gold ball in 1975, I think, when Walland beat White House, again I think, for the 1A championship. Walland has since been gobbled up by consolidation but three schools in Blount have won state.

636685736839412567-MURTab-10-14-2012-Spe1970 Murfreesboro Central Tigers were State Champions in AAA.

Murfreesboro Central Split in 1972 to form Oakland & Riverdale

Central has gone though many changes and now Central Magnet is the state's top ranked academic High School. They no longer field a football team, but students can co-op with Eagleville to play football.  

Edited by GoPats2019

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• McKenzie had no trouble with Huntingdon.  
    • Has BA landed any cornfed cowboys to block up front?
    • Yea I agree I will say tho I was a big “ v “ fan if an  opening ever did happen I think it would’ve been good to see him have a shot coming from a power house like Oakland. I’m sure he’s learned a lot from Kevin.  I bet he would bring a really good offense scheme IMO But after all this I just dunno anymore.  Whatever happens with the rumors an such if it did come to and opening I think this messes it all up.  The board members dreams are slowly slipping away now. I haven’t lived there for awhile I just hear what I hear, but my question is would there be any good potential candidates?? That’s why I don’t understand why people want b s out so bad who else could do any better ?? IMO there’s nothing attractive about it? As I stated earlier I went to the last game last year and taking a leak in a porta Potty is pretty sad and still nothing being done they say .. 
    • I have a sophomore that can do 177 (preferred) or 192. Sent you an email.
    • speaking of board members how can a man get arrested 12 days ago and still be head coaching a team in TC school system? looks like your right about the tc board members. I bet it would be different if they had a kid on the team