Style vs. Substance

blazer1set

3 minutes ago, AlwaysAPatriot said:

Been to countless practices over the past 4 years. They also play quarters, a cover 5 package, and nickel in certain ‘and long’ situations. Heard and saw it with my own eyes......at many practices and every game but 2-3 over the past 4 years. 

Honest question. How many Oakland games have you actually watched of the 58 that Creasy and Jackson have been at the helm? I would guess very few. 

Not denying Oakland doesn’t have a good defense but it is just a standard base 4-2-5 nickel most of time 

1 hour ago, zoneread56 said:

Lol man lol. I bet you thought the same against maryville in 2015,2017 and whitehaven in 2016. It doesn’t work except when teams have a lesser dline. Oakland literally plays cover 3 and 1 all game. Try that vs a qb that can throw and a good Oline it’s lights out 

The fact of the matter is CKC is .500 versus Maryville.  The defense let Oakland down against Whitehaven and destroyed very team on the schedule with a good Oline and QB. Kiss the ring, we are the champs!

Lol man lol. I bet you thought the same against maryville in 2015,2017 and whitehaven in 2016. It doesn’t work except when teams have a lesser dline. Oakland literally plays cover 3 and 1 all game. Try that vs a qb that can throw and a good Oline it’s lights out 

Didn’t they beat Blackman last year and this year? Didn’t Blackman have 3 WR who are D1’s? They have also several kids in the OL who will sign, just thought I would mention that. When u give up 17 points in 5 playoff games that is pretty good. Saw them in person 4 weeks ago and it was as good a high school D as we have played against in the more than 20 years I have followed HVille 

2 minutes ago, mondo44 said:

Didn’t they beat Blackman last year and this year? Didn’t Blackman have 3 WR who are D1’s? They have also several kids in the OL who will sign, just thought I would mention that. When u give up 17 points in 5 playoff games that is pretty good. Saw them in person 4 weeks ago and it was as good a high school D as we have played against in the more than 20 years I have followed HVille 

Blackman doesn’t have the coaching or qb to beat Oakland. Look at the teams who have beat them in past and what they all have in common. Good olines, above average wrs, and a high level qb. The only time this hasn’t been true was in 2016. Whitehaven got a few breaks but Oakland played Terrible after they got up . That team also had more athletes than Oakland. 

Not denying Oakland doesn’t have a good defense but it is just a standard base 4-2-5 nickel most of time 

Incorrect. As I said, you haven’t witnessed much Oakland football, if that’s your take. My point is that our defense has changed what we have been lined up in, depending on who we’re playing. 

11 minutes ago, AlwaysAPatriot said:

Incorrect. As I said, you haven’t witnessed much Oakland football, if that’s your take. My point is that our defense has changed what we have been lined up in, depending on who we’re playing. 

I mean that’s what any team does lol. But at the core they are a base 4-2-5 kind of team or a 5-2

10 minutes ago, AlwaysAPatriot said:

Exactly. I guess the spread guru knows nothing about film study or tendencies. He definitely tips his hand on his lack expierience.

BIG MONEY BUDDY

16 minutes ago, zoneread56 said:

I mean that’s what any team does lol. But at the core they are a base 4-2-5 kind of team or a 5-2

Obviously. Your exact statement was that Oakland ‘literally plays only cover 3 and 1’. Most definitely incorrect. They also play 0, quarters, and 5.

As I said earlier, which you keep avoiding, you haven’t watched them play enough to make an educated statement of what they ‘only play’. It’s been different every single week. 

18 minutes ago, AlwaysAPatriot said:

Obviously. Your exact statement was that Oakland ‘literally plays only cover 3 and 1’. Most definitely incorrect. They also play 0, quarters, and 5.

As I said earlier, which you keep avoiding, you haven’t watched them play enough to make an educated statement of what they ‘only play’. It’s been different every single week. 

Ok man yeah you right I haven’t seen every single Oakland game in the last 10 yrs or whatever. But look every time I have seen them they were primarily playing nickel with 1 high In a cover 3 or 1 look. Which is fine bc they have the dbs to get away with press. When Stevens was there Ik y’all pressed a lot and bright pressure 

7 minutes ago, zoneread56 said:

Ok man yeah you right I haven’t seen every single Oakland game in the last 10 yrs or whatever. But look every time I have seen them they were primarily playing nickel with 1 high In a cover 3 or 1 look. Which is fine bc they have the dbs to get away with press. When Stevens was there Ik y’all pressed a lot and bright pressure 

The only point I’m trying to make in this discussion is that some type of spread or I or wing t offense, tempo or not, didn’t beat them. They gave up 8 or so points per game during the regular season and less than 4 per game during the playoffs. You kept coming up with these imaginary football games that they would lose, based on this personnel or that offensive scheme. Fact of the matter is that they played outstanding defense all season long, regardless of who we played. Just give the young men and the coaches their due without trying to figure out what they couldn’t do in the imaginary football league. 

17 minutes ago, AlwaysAPatriot said:

The only point I’m trying to make in this discussion is that some type of spread or I or wing t offense, tempo or not, didn’t beat them. They gave up 8 or so points per game during the regular season and less than 4 per game during the playoffs. You kept coming up with these imaginary football games that they would lose, based on this personnel or that offensive scheme. Fact of the matter is that they played outstanding defense all season long, regardless of who we played. Just give the young men and the coaches their due without trying to figure out what they couldn’t do in the imaginary football league. 

Would you agree though that 6A was the weakest it’s been in a long time?