Class 1A 2019

lakecounty1968

On 12/2/2018 at 1:25 PM, pujo said:

Lose alot more than just the 2 you mentioned. Having the complete line back is a huge plus  but next years team will struggle to win 5 games. You heard it here 1st.

Why will next years team struggle to win 5 games?

Edited by Appvol

2 hours ago, GroundandPound said:

Not to familiar with them. What about out west?

Freedom Prep out of Memphis is loaded with young talent. They went 9 and 4 this past season with several sophomore starters. The big thing for them will be if they can keep Whitehaven and the Memphis private schools away. Wayne County with coach Rice is always dangerous and you never know about Dresden. Greenfield will have a nice team with a possible quarterfinal run in them. I believe Mt. Pleasant return several starters.

6 hours ago, GroundandPound said:

Who are some of the teams other than s Pitt, lake co, Huntington, and greenback that could make a run at the title next year. Who could be the next to duplicate  c’ville and whitwell last two yrs.

There is no other team with a shot at winning a gold ball the next two years accept those four teams. 

13 hours ago, TN225 said:

Whitwell will be a top 7 team next year, don’t see them beating Pitt but has the line to stay relevant next year. Pitt is the favorite in the east but if Greenback borrows Roy’s goat again they could definitely have a say. 

They should be top 7. Greenback will always find players. It’s going to happen. 

11 hours ago, Gbnation said:

We borrowed him at it has helped!! Time will tell just how much. 

It will help. 

11 hours ago, Gbnation said:

I hope we have two Willis’s next year 

That won’t surprise me. I can say if you can replace that loaded senior class and be just as good next season as you have been the past four years... we need to just give the heck up. LMBO

Edited by TheAmbassador

7 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

It will help. 

That won’t surprise me. I can say if you can replace that loaded senior class and be just as good next season as you have been the past two years... we need to just give the heck up. LMBO

You mean the last 4 seasons!! 

7 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

It will help. 

That won’t surprise me. I can say if you can replace that loaded senior class and be just as good next season as you have been the past four years... we need to just give the heck up. LMBO

Hanley will be hard to replace,he was the most clutch player we have had in a long while (other than Gilbert of course) for a small kid he could get tough yards and make it look easy at times.With that being said with the line we return and a couple LARGE and very mobile young players moving up (not in) from Middle school the line will be very good and we all know thats were it starts and ends,i would love to see us line up like Greeneville did and just impose our will on other teams by getting those two and three yards a carry.If we can turn one of our kids into a QB that can be a consistant passer,doesnt have to be great because Willis is as good as ANYONE at the 50/50 ball we will be a tough out for anyone.With those bulldozers up front we should be able to run the ball very well.My main concern will be LBer play but that nation man said it will be fine and if it is we will be playing after Thanksgiving again.

35 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Hanley will be hard to replace,he was the most clutch player we have had in a long while (other than Gilbert of course) for a small kid he could get tough yards and make it look easy at times.With that being said with the line we return and a couple LARGE and very mobile young players moving up (not in) from Middle school the line will be very good and we all know thats were it starts and ends,i would love to see us line up like Greeneville did and just impose our will on other teams by getting those two and three yards a carry.If we can turn one of our kids into a QB that can be a consistant passer,doesnt have to be great because Willis is as good as ANYONE at the 50/50 ball we will be a tough out for anyone.With those bulldozers up front we should be able to run the ball very well.My main concern will be LBer play but that nation man said it will be fine and if it is we will be playing after Thanksgiving again.

You should be playing after Thanksgiving if you’ve got a pulse. Those teams up there except Coalfield are usually really bad. I do agree the Greenback line should be good next season. I feel like SP had a really good line the past few seasons as well, but it still didn’t equal success for us. 

Edited by TheAmbassador