Mairvul 2019....Get tha littull fellers on tha gravy trane

STARSNBARS

Excuse me for making such a big fuss about the season ticket issue over ordering online and going up on the price. The price don't bother me much as the online crap because you still have to go there to pick up the tickets. If you follow the money trail you can bet your arse somebody did somebody a favor because that online service isn't free. The problem at Maryville is that you have to many Fat Cats that buy these tickets at any price that may not have kids even on the team for a few more years making sure they are in the fold years down the road when they are leaving tons of empty seats all over the place. Those people don't give a fiddly fart about Maryville Football, their just there to watch junior pick splinters out of his hind end and get him a ring hopefully in the end and never set foot on that campus again after. Maryville caters to these type because of the extra money they bring in while they take a big dump on the fans that have supported them over the years that do come to every game. The truest fans are setting between the 10 and 28 yard line on the Cedar Street Side of the field and are usually there game after game. It's a total embarrassment to see all the empty seats that are in the season ticket section and I'm sure it has to be a big downer when the kids on the field turn around and see that. Some of the best fans I know of are either cutting back on the tickets they order or just giving them up this year and planning to set in the regular seating. 

311l5af.jpg

Edited by BarneySox2007

15 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Excuse me for making such a big fuss about the season ticket issue over ordering online and going up on the price. The price don't bother me much as the online crap because you still have to go there to pick up the tickets. If you follow the money trail you can bet your arse somebody did somebody a favor because that online service isn't free. The problem at Maryville is that you have to many Fat Cats that buy these tickets at any price that may not have kids even on the team for a few more years making sure they are in the fold years down the road when they are leaving tons of empty seats all over the place. Those people don't give a fiddly fart about Maryville Football, their just there to watch junior pick splinters out of his hind end and get him a ring hopefully in the end and never set foot on that campus again after. Maryville caters to these type because of the extra money they bring in while they take a big dump on the fans that have supported them over the years that do come to every game. The truest fans are setting between the 10 and 28 yard line on the Cedar Street Side of the field and are usually there game after game. It's a total embarrassment to see all the empty seats that are in the season ticket section and I'm sure it has to be a big downer when the kids on the field turn around and see that. Some of the best fans I know of are either cutting back on the tickets they order or just giving them up this year and planning to set in the regular seating.

That's a pretty broad brush there Barney.  The folks sitting around me are season ticket holders, don't have kids on the team, and are there every game.  They've been coming forever. Some have never had a kid on the team.  I think you were shooting at a few and hit us all.  There are no bigger fans than  those around me (on the opposite end of season ticket holders' section).

1 hour ago, OldRebel2 said:

That's a pretty broad brush there Barney.  The folks sitting around me are season ticket holders, don't have kids on the team, and are there every game.  They've been coming forever. Some have never had a kid on the team.  I think you were shooting at a few and hit us all.  There are no bigger fans than  those around me (on the opposite end of season ticket holders' section).

This is a picture from the season ticket section I set in while Maryville is fixing to score in the first half of a game during mid season when people are still wearing short sleeves. This was actually a game in 2014 when Maryville won the state. Those empty seats represent the Fat Cats I talk about. I have many more pictures with a lot more empty seats than that. I know your a big fan and yes you have plenty of company setting around you which I am very glad. This is a regular thing 3 out of 5 games if not 4. This picture wasn't taken during fall break either because I have some of them also which are really embarrassing. The picture was Maryville fixing to score in the first half and I'm pretty sure that many people didn't all get up to go take a wee wee at that moment and miss the touchdown.

zvvf2c.jpg

Edited by BarneySox2007

3 hours ago, Shadroach said:

Guess that might solve the empty look so we may need to call ahead to Sandy's Lingerie and tell them to be on the lookout for an order of about 800 around the middle of August. To bad we can't have Shad to help blow them up since so many of the William Blount Posters are claiming he's full of hot air.

Edited by BarneySox2007
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Things may not be currently racing in the right direction, but murvils got the right guy to sort it out. With only 25 kids on the middle school football roster this year, it may get worse the next several years when it comes to raising funds. Time will tell. There are several issues that must be addressed in the system to stop families from jumping ship. But nothing will be done without acknowledging that problems exist and that is always very tough to do.

1 hour ago, strongx said:

Things may not be currently racing in the right direction, but murvils got the right guy to sort it out. With only 25 kids on the middle school football roster this year, it may get worse the next several years when it comes to raising funds. Time will tell. There are several issues that must be addressed in the system to stop families from jumping ship. But nothing will be done without acknowledging that problems exist and that is always very tough to do.

Not totally sure what you know that I don't but attrition will be the cause of the demise of Maryville Football in the end. The Junior High had 31 out last year and 34 the year before and the number keeps getting smaller. I've heard everything from the parents won't let their kids play because of the head injury scare to their just not interested because they have to many choices today with their time.