Mairvul 2019....Get tha littull fellers on tha gravy trane

STARSNBARS

I am beyond amazed. MHS needs to protect their brand. They need the right to approve announcers. They also need to register their logo. They need to cut out all the Wal-Mart / Kroger merchandise sales. 

HTV: It’s twofold. It’s partly the product you put on the air and partly the product that is on its way, with all the baggage that comes with the “talent”. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, GREYRIDERx said:

HTV , I dont believe anyone has blamed them.  We love our Coaches and ADs here at Maryville. We also love our kids and dont believe that its good for them to be represented by anyone who is not loyal to them or doesnt have their best interest at heart. We just want to know how this travesty has taken place...and we will know.

Believe me.  I more than understand.  I certainly don't get wealthy doing what I do.  After being in the business for over 20 years, now, what drives me is putting a professional broadcast on the air for the kids, coaches, and most of all - for the fans who listen.  If I do that sponsors will come and they will be rewarded.  It's not about ego.  It's not about money.  And it's not that I have a need to be on the air.  I've been asked by several media contacts to come back this year, but I have told them no - that the only place I am interested in working on Friday nights is where Maryville is playing.  It's the best high school football program in the state and you folks deserve a professionally produced broadcast.  I genuinely enjoy being aroud the Maryville football family.  

But if that's not God's plan, then I will enjoy being retired.  

2 minutes ago, Red Rebels said:

What about video? 

Scott West does that for home games as part of a national subscription site, and he does a fabulous job at that.  

But you are talking two different things.  That's for folks sitting home in front of a computer or tablet or where they are stationary.  Radio is for those on the go on Friday nights, or who like to come to the Maryville games, or are at other games and listen to us on a mobile app.  You really would't believe how many of those folks I hear from.  

Plus you have coaches families, out of town family of players, and out of town alumni and just interested folks who listen to us streaming on TuneIn, IHeart, and other moblie apps.  

4 minutes ago, HTV said:

Scott West does that for home games as part of a national subscription site, and he does a fabulous job at that.  

But you are talking two different things.  That's for folks sitting home in front of a computer or tablet or where they are stationary.  Radio is for those on the go on Friday nights, or who like to come to the Maryville games, or are at other games and listen to us on a mobile app.  You really would't believe how many of those folks I hear from.  

Plus you have coaches families, out of town family of players, and out of town alumni and just interested folks who listen to us streaming on TuneIn, IHeart, and other moblie apps.  

Correction, did. You can only listen to a weed eater for so long!

23 minutes ago, HTV said:

Believe me.  I more than understand.  I certainly don't get wealthy doing what I do.  After being in the business for over 20 years, now, what drives me is putting a professional broadcast on the air for the kids, coaches, and most of all - for the fans who listen.  If I do that sponsors will come and they will be rewarded.  It's not about ego.  It's not about money.  And it's not that I have a need to be on the air.  I've been asked by several media contacts to come back this year, but I have told them no - that the only place I am interested in working on Friday nights is where Maryville is playing.  It's the best high school football program in the state and you folks deserve a professionally produced broadcast.  I genuinely enjoy being aroud the Maryville football family.  

But if that's not God's plan, then I will enjoy being retired.  

Oh , I understand were u are coming from and I hope that you will still be at the games. I hope you will consider this position when it comes back up after this contract is ended. Much respect here for what you have done and respecting the program. 

51 minutes ago, GREYRIDERx said:

Thats one thing I have never understood about this place...there seems to always be MARYVILLE folk trying to change or tear down there own place. 

20190319_112454.jpg

Most of those are outsiders who really don't care about MHS. The real hard core fans who have been fans for years really care. Like the Rebel fans on this site.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, REBELRON said:

Most of those are outsiders who really don't care about MHS. The real hard core fans who have been fans for years really care. Like the Rebel fans on this site.

Im an outsider from knoxville, been here 28 years now. Its my home and I support it fully and defend it. My kids , born and raised here. It just sickens me.

54 minutes ago, Red Rebels said:

I am beyond amazed. MHS needs to protect their brand. They need the right to approve announcers. They also need to register their logo. They need to cut out all the Wal-Mart / Kroger merchandise sales. 

HTV: It’s twofold. It’s partly the product you put on the air and partly the product that is on its way, with all the baggage that comes with the “talent”. 

Agreed on the merchandising.